Liquid Diet Questions

sallyone
on 7/18/07 9:28 am - DIberville, MS
How many calories and protein should you have during your liquid diet?? Here is what I ate today... see what ya think. Today I have had Calories 505 Fat 1.5 Carbs 60.5 Protein 57.5 Fiber 16.5 Sugar 40.5 I am trying out my protein to see what is good and what is disgusting... LOL Isopure Mango Peach zero carb drinks.. YUCK!! I put Any Whey in some Tomato Basil Soup tonight.. YUMMY (kinda tricky but that is ok, it was well worth it.) The soup I guess shouldnt have been on my diet today, since it just states broth soups...mmmmm... I didnt see that. I also made a smoothie this morning with my Micellar Milk (dannon Light & Fit Smoothie, 1 cup Micellar Milk and 6 frozen peach pieces).. YUMMY.. that was 25.5 grams of protein.. kept me full most of the day. I am finishing up my Micellar Milk Sugar Free Pudding also, 1/2 cup pudding is 10 grams of protein... and very good. (Chocolate Micellar Milk and Cheesecake Pudding) I got over my chewing by making a Sugar Free Tang slushie, and chewing on that for a while... might make another one tonight... LOL Tell me what you had on your LD. Thanks Susan
jessica0378
on 7/18/07 9:44 am - Red Lion, PA
The sugars seem a little high, but liquid is liquid. That's going to be the #1 thing you pay attention to after surgery, and the protein content. You are in prep for surgery, so I don't think they'd limit you. The liquid diet is to shrink your liver some and help lose those las few pounds before operating. It's good that you're experimenting with protein pre-op. However, there are some things that are great now, but you will not be able to stomach after surgery. Sweet things and texture. I loved applesauce pre-op, but it's just kinda hung around in my pouch last night when I tried 1 oz. I can handle watermellon as I found out today, which is mostly water.
sallyone
on 7/18/07 10:18 am - DIberville, MS
yeah I agree the sugar was high. there was sugar in the diluted apple juice and the soup I had... so that is where that came from... Yeah I dont like sweet things now..so I doubt I will be able to handle sweet thing then either. Thanks
H A.
on 7/18/07 1:35 pm - NOR CAL, CA
I put the Protein Bullet (42 g) in a sippy cup w/ice and sip on it for a few hours. The ice keeps it cool otherwise leave it in the fridge. The smell of those are bad that's why the sippy cup. Heidi
sallyone
on 7/18/07 10:11 pm - DIberville, MS
good idea about the sippy cup.... might have to try that. I did the protein bullets a while back (taste tested) and they were just tooooo sweet... hopefully I can try them again and it will be better... LOL
poeticmom
on 7/19/07 5:31 am - VA
wow that seems like a lot of carbs n sugars, on my lq post op I had 2 8oz skim milk shakes w/ one scoop protein each so I had 60 gr protein a day through that, sf/ff jello,no more than 2 oz at a time and only 3 x a day, water, 1 can of v-8 juice a day and cranberry juice. Really I just followed waht they gave me in the hospital, figured they knew what they were doing .I started pureed today, my nutritionist said only 3 meals a day, each 4 tbls, 2 protein, 1 fruit,1 veg , or 2 fruit, or 2 veg. but ALWAYS 2 protein first (in case u get full u eat the protein first). for lunch I had 1 tbls steamed spinach,1 tbs pureed pear,and 2 tbls egg whites. hope all stays well with you . Peace~
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views