Can anyone give me hope

grammom
on 7/18/07 5:01 am - Baltimore, MD
I am 50 years old turning 51 next month, I went through all the classes and everything last year only to be told i had a hernia and then i had it removed the first doc would not do lap band and hernia, ergo i went to another , not a good experience well he did the hernia and do not want another one of those. anyhow i digress, the problem is , i still need to loose weight i feel ugly can no do anything , i have gotten my tryglicerides down and cholesterol and my diabeties but they are still high like in 300's, which my doc is glad im doing well with that but i dont feel any better i still cant bend, depressed, cant walk for pain i hate my body, and i know its heriditary, doc says so , im trying now for the gastric sleeve , because of my divaticulious, if thats how you spell it if anyone has had it please let me know what your life is going to be afterwards it cant be no worse than mine is now i am begging :shrug:
Jessica M.
on 7/18/07 6:49 am - Roseville, CA
you poor thing! What kind of hernia? I had a Hiatal (esophogal) hernia and my surgeon fixed it while he was doing my GB procedure. He said my stomach was pushed through it! LOL who knew.. Anyhow, you asked how we feel after surgery? I feel flippin fantastic! I have so much energy, sometimes i scare myself! I know every feeling you are describing about hating your body and feeling depressed. I am not the person to say that surgery is the answer to all of your problems, its not, but it does make the weight loss journey a little more manageable, especially for us who are hereditarily obese, as was I. the thing is, its not a "quick fix" or a "permanent" fix. You need to work at it. You will have to get into an exercise routine, you will have to watch what goes in your mouth for the rest of your life..but the rest of your life will be much more tolerable, and enjoyable. Heck, clothing shopping is now my favorite thing to do. I used to HATE it.. I love being out in public now, I am enjoying nature like I never did before. I hope that you can experience some of what I am experiencing right now. I know you will. Just hang in there, it will get better my friend. Take care, Jess
grammom
on 7/18/07 11:06 pm - Baltimore, MD
Did you have the vertical bypass? i think this is best for me anyhow im waiting for a reply for the doctor on it, i already went through all the classes and all , i am just tired as you say, dont want to be seen in puplic, cant bend if i do go out its at night, mostly wearing mens big teashirts and elastic waist i am so depressed how much have you lost with it and how long has it been you look great
AnnieofCalif
on 7/19/07 12:05 am - San Ramon, CA
((Helen)) If there's a tomorrow...there's HOPE. Sometimes we have to just hang in there until we get the answers or understanding we need. I know these are difficult times. I pray things will turn around for you, soon. Sincerely, Annie
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views