Liquid Diet starting today... anyone else??

sallyone
on 7/17/07 10:06 pm - DIberville, MS
Hi All, well I started my liquid diet today.... I never wake up hungry, but today I did... go figure... LOL I have been so constipated (no matter how much water I drink) that I gained 2.5 pounds yesterday... I do know that some of it is dinner, but more of it is constipation. Has anyone done the bowel prep to get rid of constipation??? I am thinking of doing that. Is anyone else starting the Liquid Diet today?
mtowngirl
on 7/17/07 10:45 pm - Indianapolis, IN
I have been on the liquid diet for about a week now. Mine is 2 protein shakes, 1 meal of 4-6 ozs. I found if I make sure I eat lots of protein for my small meal it helps with the hunger. I don't know if you like salmon or not, but I found when I was eating 3 oz. of salmon and 2-3 ozs. of red kidney beans I wasn't getting hungry or at least not a deep hunger. But when I eat something not as high in protein, I feel a nagging hunger. I also have problems with constipation because of the lack of fiber. I have started using benefiber as a substitute. Just started it so don't know if it's going to hel*****t. The nurse at the doctors office told me I could use colace (not pericolace- this is a laxative) to help me. I found the walmart brand is the exact same thing only cheaper. Good luck on your diet. Pauletta
sallyone
on 7/17/07 11:01 pm - DIberville, MS
WOW you get to eat food... no fair... LOL I am packing in the protein while on the liquid diet... I am using micellar milk in my smoothies so that makes it 20 grams of protein... and I am going to stick it in everywhere I can... LOL I tried colace while pregnant and it did nothing for me. Apple juice usually works for me but I have been trying to stay away from juice, but today I might just have to do some... LOL Have a great day... LOL
Debbie916
on 7/18/07 5:35 am - Dunedin, FL
Hi Susan, since we have the same surgery date, it's only logical that we start our liquid diet on the same day!!!! I just picked up my Opti Fast from my doctor's office this morning and so far I'm doing ok - it tastes a lot better than I thought. Good luck!!! Debbie
AmyCorean
on 7/17/07 10:47 pm - Northfield, MN
I am on Day 3 of my LD. I don't do the bowel prep until the day before surgery. My LD is for 10 days, how long for you? Good luck to you, I'm hoping the time boes by quickly. I think during the week will be easier than the weekend. Take care, Amy
sallyone
on 7/17/07 10:59 pm - DIberville, MS
My LD is suppose to be for 10 days, but I know I need a bit more help than that so I am doing it for 13 days...LOL Congratulations on making it 3 days so far...
martini-gal
on 7/18/07 1:12 am - Naples, FL
Hi ladies, I just left my pre-op appt and don't have to go on a LD (I'll have enough of that after the surgery .. hehe). My surgery is Monday and all I have to do is have a light breakfast and lunch and then liquid dinner on Sunday. I have never been required to go on a liquid diet but did for a short time to shrink the kidney's for the surgery. I am having the gastric sleeve procedure. The nurse did mention for constipation, using Milk Magnesea since it's a mild on your system. You might give that a try, as I know it does work for me. Just a couple of tablespoons before you go to bed. I hope to hear from you all after your surgery to see how everything is going!! I know you will do great and besides this is a great site for support. I don't get this much support from the nurses or the hospital. Thank goodness for my new friends!! Best to you all ..... Jeanene
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views