To All The Vets Out There!!!!!

MsGriff07
on 7/17/07 4:32 am - Philadelphia, PA
Question: What was the first REAL meal you had after you did all the stages? (i.e. clear full pureed) Just Curious
AngelicMythology
on 7/17/07 4:36 am - Buffalo, NY
Revision on 01/21/13
About 3 oz of grilled chicken.
Jean M. B.
on 7/17/07 5:55 am - St. Cloud, MN
Hi, Carla! Congrats again on having your surgery on 7/3! You mean you are thinking about FOOD! I can't let myself think about it too much or I'm afraid what might happen!!! What stages does your surgeon have you going thru? I have to continue on the LD for a full month before he willl talk with me about adding food! I tried to get him to OK some yogurt or soup but he said "NO"! In fact, he never wants me to eat soup because it's a "high fat liquid" and I'd be more likely to gain weight back. I dunno! So far, broth is good with me.......... I'd like to hear how your are feeling and if your scale has moved much. Take care, Jean
MsGriff07
on 7/17/07 6:44 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Jean I'm actually on full liquids and that includes soups I have anemia and my dr has me eating soups for strength? I go to my two week check-up tomorrow so i'll know numbers then. i'll be on full liquids for another week and then the pureed stuff...im soooooooooooooo tired of cottage cheese........ and milk and me are mortal enemies so smoothies pops cottage cheese that's the norm for me and at night i do a chicken noodle soup....bad experience with pea soup Im feeling ok I get really tired out im so pale you'd think I was vampire even with taking iron 3x's a day one of the OH members told me about liquid iron..... going to ask about that....... anyway I was asking the vets about their first meal because a girl can dream can't she.. Jean are you only on a clear liquid diet? or can you ingest milk...How are you doing? You're lucky you don't think about it wish i could not think about it....it's everywhere I go or it's on every station and all my mags can't get away from it.....i'll get over it eventually. Hugs, Carla
Jean M. B.
on 7/17/07 7:21 am - St. Cloud, MN
Yup...it's clear liquid all the way! Can you BELEVE it? My LD consists of 2 bottles of Boost with protein, water (w/ or w/o crystal lite), beef or ckn broth, SF popsicles and SF jello. KISS (Keep it simple, stupid), I guess! Yeah, I know...it's everywhere! Can't believe that I have been able to stick with this thing! Food has been my friend, my comfort, my past time for sooooo long! I kinda feel powerful, if you know what I mean...being able to say "NO" to food. I reallly don't know how it happened but I thank God it did. I feel full since surgery and that helps alot, too. I want to be successful with this "tool" so much that I have steeled myself to follow my surgeon's directions, EXACTLY! I hope you have a great check up tomorrow! I had mine (early) and he said not to worry about the numbers. NOT TO WORRY ABOUT THE NUMBERS? IS HE KRAAAAZY? Take care, Carla and keep in touch, Jean
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views