Comfort Food... I miss it..

Dreamskape
on 7/17/07 2:17 am - Elkhart, IN
Stuffed French Toast Pancakes Mashed Potatoes Warm bread with butter I'm not hungry ... but I miss it and want it... but can't have it... I hope this goes away soon. That's the stuff that got me this way.. I don't want to go back to it... but it's sooooo good. Anyone else find they are missing some of their old favorites?
MsGriff07
on 7/17/07 2:56 am - Philadelphia, PA
sushi.... every Friday chicken medallions with asparagus from the Cheesecake factory cheeseburgers with fries from home popcorn with butter and a ice cold coke.......yum @ the movies but all I get is cottage cheese... Bright note...We can have mashed potatoes in the pureed food stage yum yum...can't wait
Jean M. B.
on 7/17/07 6:28 am - St. Cloud, MN
Hi, Jackie! I KNOW! I do, too! However, I have tried not to think of food as much as possible by keeping busy or whatever...too afraid what might happen if I stray off my LD (post surgery) too soon!!! Jean
Laurie J.
on 7/17/07 10:20 am - St Croix Falls, WI
Yes! I miss them too...alas, we have to wait. In time we will all be able to have some of each of those things...to a degree, just not like we used to have! Just know that you are NOT alone in this feeling.
Debsnewchapter
on 7/17/07 12:17 pm
Yes! I am sad about not being able to eat. I had my surgery one week ago July 11 and feel sad at mealtimes with my family. It is so strange to want food badly and not actually be hungry. I wonder if head hunger is actually more difficult to deal with than actual stomach hunger...
grumperini
on 7/17/07 11:22 pm - Gilbert, AZ
YES IT IS!!!!
Jessica M.
on 7/18/07 4:25 am - Roseville, CA
I'm over a year out, but I still miss: Macaroni and Cheese French Fries (which I do have every so often, and they make me sick..I'm an idiot) Ice Cream (never again..lactose intolerant and sugar intolerant, thank god!) Frozen Yogurt Pad Thai RICE!!! Fried Rice, Spanish Rice, Sushi w/ Rice (I never thought I'd miss rice) White Bread (or even "untoasted" bread) DESSERT!!!!! Chocolate Cake, Brownies, Pie, Pudding... the list is long..but I Love my size 4 pants.. so its alllll worth it! It does get better.. I promise. my first few months were almost intolerable..but I traded in my Lane Bryant account for a Gap account.. so its worth it for me. Take care! and know this will pass. Jess 269/141/135
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views