Drain? Need info

justcuz
on 7/17/07 2:22 pm - Maricopa, AZ
THank you everyone for for your posts. Sounds like it i**** and miss. I will need to ask my Dr. It sounds like a lot of fun though.
jessica0378
on 7/17/07 4:10 pm - Red Lion, PA
My stupid drain comes out in 11.5 hours! I am counting down because it hurts like HELL! It's the ONLY pain that I woke up to in recovery. I don't know how they can re-wire your plumbing and it not hurt, but honestly, nothing else hurts! I HAVE A PHOTO OF MY DRAIN IN MY PROFILE It's coming out of my right side, and is sensitive to anything that comes in contact. Forget wearing comfortable pants! At the position of the thing, even sitting or laying down is painful! You have to un-pin it and move it to go potty. You have to keep it sterile with alcohol wipes and empty it often and measure what you dump out. To sit comfortable, I have to lean to my left onto pillows, and apply a heating pad over the drain site. The heat REALLY helps and was suggested by one of my nurses. I tried to walk the pain away and it doesn't work! I was lucky to not have the gas pain that others get, but the drain is bad enough! Don't get me wrong.....I'd take a stupid drain for 6 days over OPEN RNY ANYDAY!!! It's just real painful and you can't get around it! I'm going to feel sooooo much better once it's out!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1416 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views