Drain? Need info

justcuz
on 7/16/07 1:10 pm - Maricopa, AZ
What is this drain I keep hearing about? Is it for all patients? Open or RNY? No one has mentioned this to me but I keep hearing about it. thanks
Amy_in_MA
on 7/16/07 6:04 pm - Danvers, MA
Typically it is used with laprascopic RNY. It's an incision made for a drain that is left in for several days after surgery.
AngelicMythology
on 7/16/07 7:25 pm - Buffalo, NY
Revision on 01/21/13
I had open RNY. I had a pain pump coming out of me and the NG tube on the other side. I had it removed the night before I was discharged.
jowenm
on 7/16/07 9:47 pm - STATEN ISLAND, NY
My surgeon sent me home with mine.. its not that big a deal, unless your grossed out easily by bodily fluids. It's like a handgrenade on a tube that is left inside your body cavity that you open with a little flip top and empty (an measure) 2x a day. Mine come out friday
**CrYsTaL** B.
on 7/16/07 10:21 pm - watertown, NY
i had 2 the one they took out in the hospital hurt bad coming out but as soon as i felt the pain it was out.........the second one when i went home with....10days after surgery went to see dr. and was all flinched up and all and next thing i heard was them taking off their gloves it was out i didn't feel anything........
justcuz
on 7/17/07 2:04 pm - Maricopa, AZ
ok, that doesn't sound pleasant at all. This will be my 4th major surgery and I have yet to have something like this. Oh joy. T
sallyone
on 7/16/07 11:18 pm - DIberville, MS
as your surgeon if he uses one. I asked mine and he dosent use it
Dreamskape
on 7/16/07 11:45 pm - Elkhart, IN
I had one.. it came out the night I went home. I heard they hurt coming out but it was not as bad as I thought it was going to be ..... of course I had a shot of morphine about an hour before they took it out so maybe that helped. LOL
Jean M. B.
on 7/17/07 6:10 am - St. Cloud, MN
Hey, Tammy! I've been wondering the same thing, except I thought just open RNY's had it. I don't think I had one....don't remember anything like that when in the hospital and didn't go home with one. Hmmmmm! Take care, Jean
Laurie J.
on 7/17/07 8:12 am - St Croix Falls, WI
Hi Tammy - I think that is only for open RNY as I didn't have one and I had a Lap RNY. Of course, it could just be another difference between surgeons, so ask your surgeon if he uses it, and if he does sometimes...ask when and what situations would cause him to use it.
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views