Okay July 9ers , how is it going???

turtleof3
on 7/15/07 4:37 pm - Stillwater, OK
This is Kristin, who just made a big booboo(mommy talk)and ate a tbls. of peanut butter. I knew I wasn't sopposed to did it anyway.I just felt like I needed a different texture and I was lacking Protein intake. I have gotten rid of about 8lbs.for good. But the battle has been weary. As many have seen my elegant posts about having gas for a while now, still do! I did in turn try a suppository, it worked well to releive my gasousness. Emotionally I do feel a void, like a separation from a close friend is happening , saying good-bye to the intake of food when whenever I craved it , or wanted it. I also am thinking possibly it was a side effect of my anxiety, not knowing how to manage emotional ups and downs. And being a sensitive , earthy type person it seemed to drag me down further. I mainly think I'm frustrated-down right frustratred.That I've been my ideal weight as a grown -up.I think I'm emotionally stalled to a certain extent.I've only seen life being heavy. Wow how thought provoking, right? Good part is I always was shocked to see myself in mirror heavy, strange but true.Well I sincerely want to know and check in with 9ers-How ya doing???? Kristin
Amy_in_MA
on 7/15/07 5:21 pm - Danvers, MA
You know, I've done pretty well. I'm not hungry, so eating/drinking is to get in what I need to get in. I am thirsty and love my water. I haven't had any issues with head hunger as yet since the surgery...and it's made me wonder if something is wrong with me. I've definitely had emotional moments/times, but I've cried, talked about it with a friend, whatever, and I haven't really felt driven to want to eat such that I felt like I was missing something. I have also maintained the attitude that in a year or two, there won't be anything I can't eat, it will just be in very small quantities...more "normal" quantities. Am I just lucky not to have head hunger yet? Does it just mean that I really have been working as hard as I feel like I have bed working to deal with my issues that may have driven me to eat, and I'm just that much more ready for the RNY lifestyle? I don't know...but I am ever so grateful for where I am right now, how I'm feeling physically and emotionally, and how I'm coping. Very, very grateful. Oh, and when I dream? I never am fat in my dreams...not skinny, but not fat...still attractive/confident.
SarahF
on 7/15/07 10:13 pm - Braintree, MA
I'm also a 7.9.7'r :D My surgery went pretty well, I did have some bleeding from my spleen (it was scared from my previous gallbladder surgery). The stopped that bleeding and had no other issues. I do miss food, but am not hungry for it. Which feels strange. I do think I'm dehydtrated and plan to call the weight center today. I'm dizzy and have the dumping syndrome (I think). Are you guys passing stools? Mine are purely liquid. I don't know if that is normal. I'm worried about that. Also worried about the amount of food I eat...which isn't very much at all. It's so hard to eat this stuff. I go to the nutritionist on Wed and discuss adding more food, yippee! Down 13 lbs this morning.
Amy_in_MA
on 7/15/07 10:17 pm - Danvers, MA
I'm on all liquids (unless you count yogurt as a solid). I am not moving my bowels regularly at all. Saturday was my last time and it was diarrhea...now, nothing since. I'm having a lot of discomfort internally where my drain was and where my longest incidision is (just above the drain). I'm not even missing food at this point.
cindita
on 7/16/07 8:02 am - Hillsboro, NH
Hi July 9ers!!! Happy one week anniversary!!! I am feeling pretty good, but have definately had my ups and downs. Pain wise I am doing fairly well except for a small amount of pain around where my band port (and biggest incision) is. I can sympathize with the loose stools, That is all I've had, and I guess it makes sense since we're not eating anything solid. I love not being hungry! 5 lbs down since my surgery........ many more to go!!!!!!!!!!
Pinkshell4u
on 7/16/07 8:32 am
I'm a 9er. I feel pretty good. I mean I'm dealing with gas, burping, poop, and taste/smell issues but thats normal. I walk everyday even if its just one long one. I dont get all of my water in, even tho I try. I'm not even getting my full 60 of protein in but I eat what I'm allowed and nothing else. I dont get hungry, I get nauseous. I'm having a hard time sleeping because of the whole "feels like my guts are sloshing around" feeling. Not nice. Anyway, I gained weight from the hospital and now I'm actually losing weight. Down 6 pounds, wheeeeeeee! Shell
Tracy S.
on 7/16/07 1:40 pm - Victoria, TX
Happy One Week Anniversary to you all. I have been doing fine. There are times that I wish I could go to sleep and wake up in a week--I too thought I was much futher in this process than I was. I personally like sardines (I know, to most--YUCK) Well, I am worried about not getting enough protein myself and I thought if I really chewed--20 times and swallowed with my broth--a little sardine or two, that I would be fine. Let me tell you--sardines are better going down than coming up-- I guess I DUMPED for the first time. As I stood there over the bath sink and smelled the sardines, it made me gag even more. This has probably ruined me for sardines in the near future--and they are such a good protein!! I am 13 lbs down in 9 days. I went on a liquid diet for two days prior to surgery and with that--13 lbs total. I am sure it slow down. My sister had this surgery three weeks prior to me, so it has been a month post op for her and she is down 25 lbs. I hope I follow in her foot steps. Have a great week all you 9ers. Tracy
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views