Will I lose enough??

kystarlette1
on 7/15/07 4:51 am
Hey guys I am about 6 wks post op and so far Ive only lost about 17 lbs, I am sticking to the rules for the most part and I am just worried I wont lose any more or enough to add up to anything because the majority of that 17 lbs I lost in the beginning, matter fact I lost 25 lbs the first two wks then gained some back?? Any of you know what Im talking about or experienced this? I need some encouragment bad! lol thanks, Thursann
Stephanie G.
on 7/15/07 4:57 am - Rowlett, TX
Which surgery did you have? If you had the RNY, I would be concerned about the weight gain. If you had a lapband, you won't really start losing until after your fills and they get you to the sweet spot.
kystarlette1
on 7/15/07 5:19 am
I had the lap band, Ive only had one fill of 1cc and to be honest, I cant really tell much of a change? Anyhow, thank you for your response, anything anyone wants to share with me is appreciated. Thursann
ozlady1000
on 7/16/07 8:02 am - Davison, MI
You are right on track. All of us think the same thing when we have the surgery. Magically lose without effort fast; sorry to tell you that isn't going to happen. This is only a tool; and we get back what we put into it. I had RNY, my daughter had Lapband; so I get to see both sides! As a friend of mine says what do you think your going to disappear overnight??ROTFLO... YOU will be fine just stick to your program. I am almost 6 mon post op; down over 80 since Dec 06., surgery Feb 07. Daughter surgery Aug 06 down over 120 lbs. We both exercise, follow our NUT advise, and keep one another in check and uplifted.. Wish surgery was a magic button, and easier losses but sorry it is usually not the case! You may also be holding some water; are you drinking enough fluids?? If not your body will hold every ounce it can? Good luck, Judy R YES YOU WILL LOSE, JUST MAY BE SLOWER THAN YOU WANT!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views