HELP!!!! I'm hungry

(deactivated member)
on 7/15/07 4:24 am - Wilmington, DE
I had my Lap Band surgery almost three weeks ago. I am on pureed foods three times a day. I still drink my shakes and have my protein powder in different ways and I drink as much as water/Crystal Light as I need. BUT I feel as if I could eat forever and not feel full. It doesn't feel as if I had any surgery. Has anyone experienced this? What should I do. I'm not supposed to have a fill for three more weeks. sweet-suzy-q
Linda_S
on 7/15/07 3:18 pm - Eugene, OR
Make sure you are getting your protein. If you are not getting enough protein, you will be very hungry. You should also have a little fat along with that protein. If you're pureeing things, you might have something you've cooked in a little olive oil. It will really help you to feel full. Just don't over-do it. Linda
(deactivated member)
on 7/15/07 11:35 pm - Wilmington, DE
Thank you so much for responding, Linda. I have been getting my protein but not doing much in terms of pureed foods. It seems futile to eat 1/4 cup of something. I normally do this just at dinner because I have to cook anyway. Usually I rely on shakes, Carnation Instant Breakfast, sugar free, and into it I put a scoop of vanilla protein and a scoop of chocolate. I start the day with that and it holds me well. If I have a protein drink with 40 gr. of protein, and one soup, that's it for my protein needs. I did make a wonderful puree with brocalli, mushrooms, chicken and a bit of olive oil last week. Again, 1/4 cup did nothing and I wanted more, more, more. Susan.
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views