I NEED to remember...

AmyCorean
on 7/14/07 11:29 am - Northfield, MN
...to get to the July Board. I usually go to the MN board, but it is nice to see others going through the wls at the same time, so I plan on visiting here more. I want to wish everyone who has surgery on Monday, July 16th the best of luck. I start my 10 day LD on Monday to get ready for my surgery on the 26th. Does anyone else who has surgery on the 26th have to do the liquid diet? Just wondering so I can get some different ideas of what to have to keep it interesting. Take care, Amy
AmberSmo
on 7/14/07 1:12 pm - Johnson City, TN
Hi Amy- I'm just like you... I go on my liquid diet on Monday and I have surgery on the 26th! I'm super excited. I never knew this board was here until about a week ago. I've been on here lurking and posting. I've been checking out people's progress and I can't wait until I have a chance to do it to! Are you as excited as I am about this liquid diet and bowel prep stuff? ~Amber~
AmyCorean
on 7/14/07 1:22 pm - Northfield, MN
Hi Amber, I am hoping the 10 days go by quickly and I am definitely not looking forward to the bowel prep. I have a friend that has offered to take my two little girls for me that afternoon. Thank goodness for that. Good luck to you and be sure to let me know how you are doing. Take care, Amy
AmberSmo
on 7/14/07 2:08 pm - Johnson City, TN
Hey Amy - I just noticed that you have been to the Virgin Islands too! Isn't it WONDERFUL! I can't wait to be thinner next time I go there so I can enjoy more of the islands. That trip was a major turning point in my life. After I got home I started the WLS process. Previously I had given it much thought over the years, but that trip made me realize that I am really unhealthy and overweight. ~Amber~
AmyCorean
on 7/14/07 9:30 pm - Northfield, MN
Amber, My sister lives there, she lives on St John. I love going there because it is so beautiful and fun when you know a few people. Which island did you go to? I have only been there as an overweight person so I am so wanting to go back there thinner and healthier so I can enjoy more things the next time. I am wanting to go down in February of next year to do the 8 tuff miles, you can walk or run from Cruz Bay to Coral Bay (my sister lives on this side of the island). You can check it out at www.8tuffmiles.com You should let me know the next time you head down and maybe we will be going at the same time. We could celebrate our "loser status" together!!!! Amy
AmberSmo
on 7/15/07 1:24 am - Johnson City, TN
Amy- When I was there I spent most of my time on St. John. I LOVED it! It is absolutely beautiful!!! I think I like it because it seemed less touristy than St. Thomas. I will let you know when I plan on going back. I was there for one of my best friend's wedding. It was so beautiful! The 8 tuff miles sounds really fun! I would love to participate in that! ~Amber~
TESSIE59
on 7/14/07 1:19 pm - Frewsburg, NY
Welcome amy to the July board. I have my surgery July 18th but I haven't had to be on any liquid diet. I guess all doctors are different. Good luck with your surgery.
Jupiter6
on 7/14/07 2:43 pm - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Hey there-- I was born in Byron and have an aunt up in Alabama...so best of luck back in WNY!
AmyCorean
on 7/14/07 10:11 pm - Northfield, MN
Thanks Terri! Good luck to you on Wednesday and wishing you a speedy recovery. Amy
amylh2006
on 7/14/07 3:41 pm - lynn, MA
Hi amy, thank you for wishing me luck I go in on monday morning at 10:40 am I have been on liquid diet for 2 weeks now and it is very boring. especially when everyone else gets to eat all kinds of yummy foods. I tell you things look and smell 100 times better when you can't eat it. But as the time goes by it gets easier. and you have to remember why you are doing this. good luck to you amy
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 650 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1416 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 975 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 829 views