Walking and diet question

kelly013
on 7/14/07 12:07 am - OH
This is my first time posting- I had my wls on july 9th and got out of the hospital on thursday (i could have left wed but wanted to stay another day). I've been doing great, and not hungry BUT i crave food. I don't know what to do. I didn't go on any type of liquid diet before my surgery, and I weighed myself thur when i got out of the hospital and I GAINED 6 pounds. Hopefully it's due to all the IV fluid they had pumped in me. Anyway - my questions are how much walking should we be doing? I got on the treadmill and walked for an hour yesterday (about 2 miles). It wasn't difficult. Is that good, not enough? Second question - i'm getting sick of gateraid. Yesterday I had about 8oz of water and 32 oz of gateraid. That seems to be all i've been drinking, i've had some jello, and chicken broth, and water and that's about it for my diet. Any other suggestons of what I could have? I'm on a strickt clear liquid diet for another 9 days. Thanks! Kelly
MsGriff07
on 7/14/07 2:11 am - Philadelphia, PA
Try SF popsicle slushees crush at least 3 in a cup with a tiny bit of crystal light lemonade get different flavors for some variety!!! The clear diet doesnt have to many things to choose from I also bought some red seedless grapes chewed the juice out and spit out the skins it fixed my oral sensation of chewing make sure you don't eat the stuff though!!!! I can't stand just chicken broth .....no taste so I bought lipton soup the dry kind you let simmer and drank that....tastier get some crystal light they have a bizillion flavors apple juice and wonton broth can help you make it bearable...GOOD LUCK!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views