9er finally HOME

(deactivated member)
on 7/13/07 2:49 pm - Los Angeles, CA
Hi Everyone, I had my RNY on July 9 and left the hospital with absolutely ZERO complications on July 10 as my ins only approved this as "outpatient". I knew i needed another night, and it could have happened, but I consulted the doc and the nurses and we all agreed i was doing spectacularly and there'd really be no need for me to stay. I left the hospital and went to my sister's for the week. Today is my first night in my own apartment alone ... and it's great. I feel even better here than I did there. Maybe because I'm not stuck in a recliner and i'm walking around. I had been walking around there, of course!!, but then I'd get into the amazing super comfy sofa and crash. So home is good. I am fantastic ... and I need to get my last 10 minute walk in before it gets too late. YAY me!
turtleof3
on 7/13/07 6:23 pm - Stillwater, OK
I was worried personally about the dog,kids,cats jumping on me. Then for them to see me in pain, then there was the explaining of the real staples in my skin. I did get nailed on my staples twice by the animals trying to jump on the bed. I knew I needed another day in the hospital, JUst to get in a new frame of mind and get my bearings .My husband insisted I return home. But as usual they are resilient. I tried our couch and all our bed, none are cozy exept mine(imagine that) I can't say I regret it even if my wiring is wound up or something minor occurs. Well I'm going to babbling in my dreams.see you on the skinny side.kristin
TESSIE59
on 7/14/07 1:34 pm - Frewsburg, NY
Wow sounds like everything is going so well for you. That's great news. Keep up the good work.
DetroitGirl
on 7/15/07 7:01 am
I'm not quite home yet (staying with my folks) but had surgery on Monday (the 9th) and was home Wednesday morning... no complications or issues so far (knock on wood) althought it was WAY harder sip sip sipping those first few days than i thought it would be... it's a little better now thought i'm still not getting enough fluid or protein... i'm trying!
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views