Husband hearing horror stories

Stephanie J.
on 7/13/07 8:57 am - Nederland, TX
It makes me upset that anyone who has spoken to my husband when they hear that I have had gastric bypass surgery, they only tell him horror stories. He hears about cousins dieing and bleeding ulcers and stuff. Doesn't anyone have any wonderful success stories or do they only remember the horror stories?
turtleof3
on 7/13/07 12:46 pm - Stillwater, OK
If you look for people's input's , you'll find it. Then you have to decide where to put it after they put it to you or your husband.. I just skip right over alot of things because some people get the infor. mixed up and make up their own stats, those fall into fears. I don't take information as valid until I clear it with 3 people who have had it .Mostly I trust the hospital staff and mostly OH, because I've checked the info. given and it matches up.This is a very big surgery, all surgeries can go wrong or people can die in 3 or so months. Don't take these stories as factual, mostly gossip. I have a friend to this day who is very overweight and never has attempted an diet, but yet she thinks she know more than I who have very good sources. Any ways try to get him to a meeting, they are usually led by men in a manly way so that may be more his language. Take care kristin(Weight Loss Surgies for Dummies-excellent book)
slopez384
on 7/15/07 11:49 am - Moreno Valley, CA
My weight loss surgery was 3 years. And I had no problems at all. I did what my doctor told me and had no problems at all. Dr. Suh to me is wonderful person. And his support groups are great. I have not been in a while but now that my husband is on the road to better health we are planning on attending next month. Sharon Lopez
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views