I'm home ya all

H A.
on 7/13/07 3:10 pm - NOR CAL, CA
I had surgery on the 12th. The hardest part was walking into the hospital. I was so scared for my family if something when wrong. I did great. Today drank my water. Went pee and they sent me home. I won't say a piece of cake my stomach hurts like I did a million sit ups. I have to be careful not to do too much. No gas pain. The drain hurt the worst today. But nothing I can't deal with. So all you that are next don't worry you'll do great! Heidi
turtleof3
on 7/13/07 6:15 pm - Stillwater, OK
HA, super glad you are home and recouping. It's so true , that the more you use this time to recoup the quicker the recovery. I struggle for a drama free evironment here, with 3 girls. So what type of surgery did you have? Morphine drip? I didn't even notice that after a while. What all types of surgery (WLS) do they use a drain? Anyways did you even stay the night? they called mine an out -patient , but it's mandatory to have patients stay 1 night. Hope I am not overwhelming you with all these questions.I am just not feeling soooo much pain. But last night I was wailing from sharp pains on my mid far right gut-god it hurt. It lasted about 3 minutes. Some advice my husband said was use your legs for strength and leverage when you can. No more straining myself.I have little people and hubby to help. well hope this has been good reading for you , kristin
H A.
on 7/14/07 3:59 am - NOR CAL, CA
Ha, drama free with three girls? Good luck and tell me how you do it RNY lap Morphine but could feel a little sick from it but not bad. Now on Hydrocodone Had surgery about 7:00 am 7/12/ when home 7/13 about 6 pm. I could have went home about 3 or 4 but waited around for pharmacy etc. They were not in a rush. Not much pain except getting up and out of a sitting position. I'm up and moving cause sitting makes the rest of my body sore. I have pain where the drain was. It gets better with walk and moving. Coughing sucks. Best Heidi
AmyCorean
on 7/14/07 11:15 am - Northfield, MN
Hi Heidi, Glad you are home and having a good recovery. I start my LD on Monday and then surgery on the 26th. I'm glad you didn't have any trouble, that is reassuring hearing that from lots here. Take care, Amy
H A.
on 7/15/07 12:04 am - NOR CAL, CA
You'll do great! I' just trying to rest because I had lots of visitors yesterday and it was hard to rest and keep on track with protein meds etc. Heidi
TESSIE59
on 7/14/07 1:33 pm - Frewsburg, NY
Congratulations heidi on a successful surgery. I'm glad you're home and doing well. (except for the million sit ups). Thank you for the words of encouragement. My surgery is scheduled for July 18th.
H A.
on 7/15/07 12:07 am - NOR CAL, CA
Best wishes for your surgery! Wednesday right? You'll do great. Like I said the hardest part was walking into that hospital. All the self doubt. Heidi
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views