4 Days out of Surgery and feeling GREAT

Tracy S.
on 7/13/07 1:15 am - Victoria, TX
Today is July 13, 2007. It has been 4 days since my surgery--on July 9. Personally, I think I am feeling great. The worst part is reminding myself to keep drinking!!!! I fill a container each morning with 64 ounces of water and use that to mix my crystal light, protein drinks, and whatever else I need water for. So, I know I am at least drinking 64 ounces. I am still liking bouillon and I am not sure how long that will last. Jell-O is still good too. I have a wonderful network of friends and I love them dearly--We really take care of each other. I had one stay with me in the hospital, so my husband could be at home with the three kids. My mom is here too, but I really wanted him home with the kids too. By the way, my friend that stayed with me--I stayed with her in May of 2006 when she has this same procedure. Starting two days ago, my friends have been bringing dinner to my family and will continue up until the 20th. Last night was a tough one--fried chicken, fried okra, mashed potatoes and banana pudding. For a split second, I thought--"Some good friend." I made the kids plates and I admit, for a split second, I thought about popping one of those fried okras into my mouth. Then, I remembered my friend who had this surgery walked the fine line and took a bite of a bean burrito within two weeks of having surgery and paid for it dearly. I made it through the meal, actually sat down at the table and sipped my broth while they ate. I am not going to lie--it looked good, but I am stronger than that!!! I went on a liquid diet two days before surgery and lost 5.2 lbs and as of this morning, I have lost another 6.3 lbs for a total of 11.5 lbs lost--whoopee!!!! I feel good, I am walking daily--first I was doing laps in the house. Yesterday, I walked at the mall for about 30 minutes and we are off to the mall again today. I will try for 35 minutes. I hope all the other losers--(don't you just love that word?) are doing great as well.
Dreamskape
on 7/13/07 1:53 am - Elkhart, IN
Congrats Tracy! You sound like you are doing wonderful! And contrats on the WL too. ;)
Linda_S
on 7/13/07 3:57 am - Eugene, OR
Wow Tracy - it sounds like you are doing really well. Congratulations to you. Good for you for resisting the fried foods. I lived with a post-op for a while and he ate something he should not have had one night. The look of pain on his face and the constant trips back and forth to the bathroom to try (unsuccessfully) to get rid of it were enough to convince me to avoid that after surgery! I hope all continues to go well for you. Linda Just a little over a week for me!
TESSIE59
on 7/13/07 1:44 pm - Frewsburg, NY
Sounds like you are doing great. Keep up the good work.
AmyCorean
on 7/14/07 11:19 am - Northfield, MN
Tracy, Glad to hear you are feeling great!!! Keep up the good work, you are moving right along!
FlaDandi
on 7/19/07 1:27 pm - Sarasota, FL
Tracey, I too had surgery on July 9th! I feel great too. I thought you, being a mom, would laugh when I was making dinner the other night I actually put a bite of macaroni in my mouth and started to chew... I think my eyes popped open as I sprinted for a paper towel to spit it out... I couldn't believe how much of a habit that had been for me to do it without even thinking! My kids also think its funny that I have a popsicle for dinner (although this week with the introduction of creamy soups popsicles are going to become extinct!) I can relate on the food envy but we both know how worth it will be to be able to avoid all the bad stuff and stick to the plan!!! (Easier said then when you are facing down a great meal like you described!). Anyway, if you are looking for a buddy on the same timeline, email me back! Take care, good luck on losing! Michelle
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views