Post op

michele R.
on 7/12/07 11:57 am
Hello everyone, I had my surgery for lapband on July 2nd and have lost a total of 22 lbs with the pre op diet and now.. but I was wondering how others are feeling, I am trying really hard to get everything in like we are suppose too but the last couple of days I just can't seem to get things in not evening my water. Just always having a full feeling... can anyone tell me what they are able to tolerate... Thanks for the help best of luck to everyone
(deactivated member)
on 7/12/07 3:17 pm - Wilmington, DE
Hello, I had my surgery for lapband on June 26th. I have lost about 25 lbs with preop and now. I feel great, more energy and can drink everything. I only get that full feeling from soups, V-8 and my Carnation Instant Breakfast shakes. Good luck to you. s
sprout
on 7/12/07 7:57 pm - kingston, Canada
Hi Susan I had my surgery on July 3rd and have lost around 30lbs. I know what you mean about following the diet and trying to eat everything you are supposed to, I can't either. I called the clinic and the nurse told me only to eat what I was comfortable with and not to worry about following the diet to a "T" that is was more a guideline. I do try to drink all the water and fluids but even that is a struggle sometimes. I started on baby food this week and having nothing but liquids for a month and then going on this really kind of scared me but it has been okay so far, but again I can't eat everything they have on the diet, I too get that full feeling and I am really scared about stretching my stomach or getting a blockage. Are you nervous about that too?
(deactivated member)
on 7/15/07 4:37 am - Wilmington, DE
Dear Sherie, I am so very very nervous about stretching my stomach! I can guzzle 4 or 5 ounces of fluids without a problem. I puree a little of what I cook for my daughter, and just eat 1/4 cup as I am supposed to, but it leaves me starving. 1/2 hour later I make a shake or have a big bowl of soup or something. I'm sure I'm not doing this right. Where is that full feeling everyone talks about? I made my own soup last week. A can of tomatoes, some basil, fresh crushed garlic, two chicken breasts (boneless, skinless), and brocalli. After I cooked and blended it all, it was too thick, so I added chicken stock. Sometimes I mix it with some 1% milk which makes it sort of creamy, or some non-fat yogurt and curry powder which makes it yummy. I made salmon, string beans and noodles for my daughter the other night. I pureed some salmon and string beans for myself and used it for two meals. However, I'm starving and know I haven't lost any weight since I last saw the doctor.
sprout
on 7/17/07 10:47 am - kingston, Canada
HI Susan I'm sorry about the not feeling full thing, I really haven't either but I have the not wanting to eat thing going on. It seems everything I eat makes me feel "funny" I really can't explain how it feels but it isn't good. I called the clinic today and the nurse said to slow down the intoduction of new foods, I am supposed to start soft food tomorrow but again I'm nervours that I will get sick or get that icky feeling again, I think that's why I don't seem to get hungry. The nurse is a bit concerned that I'm not getting enough vitamins and so on, so my family doctor is sending me for blood work and making sure things are okay. I have lost 10 pounds since surgery July 3rd and had lost 26 before so I am at a total of 36 which pleases me but I think once I get my apetite back I will gain quickly.YUCK, I don't want that to happen. When I read about these other folks having poblems with vomiting and getting food stuck it really scares me, does it you? I liked the recipe you used for your soup it sounds wonderful! Do you get tired of eating the same thing for long periods of time? Did your Doctor give you lots of ideas and guidelines for eating? If not maybe you could get some, the clinic I went to gave me great info and they are easy to talk to when I call but it would be nice to have someone close by to share with. I live in Nova Scotia and there is noone here who has had the surgery, I had to travel to Toronto, so when I asked my family Dr. about getting an appointment with a dietition he said that they wouldn't be familar with what I would need. I was hoping that could be a solution to my not wanting to eat problem, oh well, it is good to be able to talk to others who are feeling the same way. Do you have anyone close to you who has had the surgery? I hope things are going better for you by now, how long before you can have a fill? Maybe that will solve your problem? Sheri
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views