CPAP, GALLBLADDER REMOVAL, ALMOST FINISHED

TIFFANY G.
on 7/12/07 10:19 am
RNY on 07/30/07 with
Well lets see first i will start i had my cpap study done last night everything went great i left with a cpap, then when i woke up from that i had to go to the nutrition class which was four hours long ... learned some pretty interesting things, then i called my doctors office to make sure they had everything they needed well the lady said yes they did and after i loose 100 pounds they need to take my gallbladder out ... but the doctor will go over everything with me next week ..... that scares me has anyone ever gotten thier gallbladder taken out? why would they need to take that our for? is it really dangerous?
TIFFANY G.
on 7/12/07 10:24 am
RNY on 07/30/07 with
oh and im vitamin D deficient ....... does anyone know what vitamin D does for you? and should i just drink milk or vitamins?
turtleof3
on 7/13/07 6:02 pm - Stillwater, OK
I've heard of many getting their gallbladders out especially afterWLS. Now I do know that Vit C and D go hand in hand with absorbtion. It's also important to safely(sunscreen) get a good amount of sun exposure.Just goggle Vit.D and C. Take it easy. No worries , I'd rather get both done the same time too. Don't waste time worrying, go out and splash a while.kristin
Rianne D.
on 7/12/07 11:05 am - MO
Well, my surgeon is taking my gallbladder out on Monday while he's doing my open RNY....the reason they need to take it is that the gallbladder is really prone to getting gall stones when you lose a LOT of excess weight (like you will with surgery). The gall stones HURT...trust me, it's better to get it out when you can. As far as Vit D:: Vitamin D is a fat soluble vitamin that is found in food and can also be made in your body after exposure to ultraviolet (UV) rays from the sun. Sunshine is a significant source of vitamin D because UV rays from sunlight trigger vitamin D synthesis in the skin. The major biologic function of vitamin D is to maintain normal blood levels of calcium and phosphorus. Without vitamin D, bones can become thin, brittle, or misshapen. Research also suggests that vitamin D may help maintain a healthy immune system and help regulate cell growth and differentiation, the process that determines what a cell is to become. The best thing you could do is get in the sun...but if you would rather drink milk, make sure you are getting FORTIFIED milk with Vit D. One cup of vitamin D fortified milk supplies one-half of the recommended daily intake for adults between the ages of 19 and 50. Hope this helps!
TIFFANY G.
on 7/12/07 11:22 am
RNY on 07/30/07 with
Wow that was a lot of information thank you it was sooo helpful....... I dont understand why my surgeon wont take mine out then to prevent gallstones ... Cause I definitly dont want to be in that much pain..... I guess he will go over everything then..... Thank you sooo much for all your information you were great!
Rianne D.
on 7/12/07 11:32 am - MO
Glad you found it helpful! I have slight OCD so I tend to give too much info sometimes.... Is it not a possibility for your surgeon to do it at the same time?
TIFFANY G.
on 7/14/07 3:07 am
RNY on 07/30/07 with
i will talk to my doctor thursday about it but until then i will just have to stop worrying and see what his reason is for wanting to wait till i loose 100 pounds.... but i have to loose 25 pounds for surgery and i am done 12 pounds right now wooo hooo
amylh2006
on 7/12/07 11:56 am - lynn, MA
I have already had gall stones and had my gallbladder removed which by the way really doe hurt. but my mother had her gastric bypass in march of 2005 a year later she was having trouble eating read meats. they would make her sick then she had pain and ended up in the hospital for her gallbladder which had to be removed. I have heard of some docs giving a pill you can take to help prevent it but I don't understand if he is doing your surgery why he wouldn't just take it out then. maybe that is a question you can ask him
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1415 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views