Surgery 07/10 and at home now

B Girl
on 7/12/07 4:23 am
My surgery went really well. I posted some pics on my page. I'd like to hear how the other recent post-ops are feeling.
Dreamskape
on 7/12/07 5:33 am - Elkhart, IN
Wow! You looked GREAT one day after surgery! I looked like ****! LOL... Must be the age difference! lmao Day 2 was the worse for me.. but Day 3 was better and everyday since has been better and better. I am 10 days post op and feel pretty good.. but I do find myself getting a bit tired in the afternoon and usually end up taking a quick snooze on the sofa for about 30 mins or so. The only pain I have is on the lower left side around one of the incisions... it was feeling fine until the other day when I went shopping and carried a large George Forman grill to my car instead of asking for help. Now it hurts when I bend over so have been babying it for 2 days now. Other then that... I feel great!
Charles York
on 7/12/07 7:15 am - Columbiana, OH
B Girl, Glad everything went well for you !!!! I just got home about an hour ago. Doing fine so far and my surgery went smoothly. Take care and keep us posted. Chuck
Jean M. B.
on 7/13/07 1:44 am - St. Cloud, MN
Hi, B Girl! Glad to hear your surg went well. I had mine on the same day. I got out on Wed evening and slept most of Thurs but still got in two short walks. I'm feeling better today but a little confused about how much protein drink I should be having. My discharge papers say 1 oz per hour and farther down says to have 1 -2 cans per day. Guess I'm going to just do what I can and focus on the water and walking. My arms hurt and I'm really itchy! Other than that, pain is mostly tolerable. How about you. Jean
Donna B.
on 7/13/07 7:12 am - Somewhere in, VA
Hi guys!! Day 3 was the worst for me (yesterday). I came home feeling like I had been hit by a truck!! Today is much better but I am already freaking out about not being able to get in enough water or protein. I know I need to be patient with this as it does take time but I have never been known for my patience so what can I say!!! Glad to hear that everyone is doing well. Hopefully it's all down hill for us from here!! Hugs, Donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1416 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views