When I will be able to eat normally.? 3 months post-op

kardous
on 7/10/07 3:50 pm - London, Canada
Dear All. I am 3 months post op and i was wondering when i will be able to eat normally or close to a normal D.S.er I still vomit when i eat more than 2 bites from anything. If I eat 2 tablespoons of rice and then add the 3rd one, i am going to vomit all what i ate. I read about D.Sers here who say we eat what we want when we want .. When I will be able to do that ? thanks a lot
Dreamskape
on 7/10/07 9:31 pm - Elkhart, IN
You can't be eating too much... so are you eating too fast? I would think if you are vomiting this far out from surgery, then you need to talk to your doctor. My doctor's rules are vomiting 3 or more times a day.... or 2 or more days in a row warrants an office visit. If you have not done so already, please call your doctor.
Dreamskape
on 7/10/07 9:38 pm - Elkhart, IN
I misunderstoond your post at first... I see now that you say that you can eat 2T of food then vomit on the next... Maybe 3 T is too much for your pouch? Do you feel full after eating just 2T? If so, then stop eating. You can't force how much you are going to eat.. you have to go by what your pouch tells you you CAN eat. I am only eating 1T of food right now because that is when I feel full. Eventually I know I will get to 4T but that will be when my pouch tells me I can eat that much. Please contact your doctor though... I still think it would be a good idea to touch base with him. ;)
H A.
on 7/11/07 12:58 am - NOR CAL, CA
I'm not familiar with the DS surgery but if it were RNY you could have a stricture. You should contact you doctor. There is a DS board you could also try posting there.
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1416 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views