Is Soda Bad???

ljm1017
on 7/9/07 11:51 am - Kissimmee, FL
I drink alot of soda. I have also gained about 20 lbs back since I had my surgery in October of 2005. Is this normal any suggestions on how to start losing again??
Linda_S
on 7/9/07 12:55 pm - Eugene, OR
Are you drinking diet soda or full-sugar soda? If it has sugar in it, you're drinking a lot of empty calories. I'd go back to the surgeon's recommended diet to start losing again. Linda
H A.
on 7/9/07 12:58 pm - NOR CAL, CA
What I've read is that the carbonation stretches the new stomach/pouch. My information says diet and make sure it goes flat.
MarnieJo
on 7/9/07 1:18 pm
The two things my surgeon's nutritionist and nurse told me to stay away from were carbonated beverages (because it causes gas that stretch the pouch) Also not to drink through a straw which brings in excess air that can stretch the pouch. I had dinner with a friend who was complaining about gaining weight back and the whole meal she was sipping coke through a straw. I have no idea if you can shrink the pouch once it is stretched out.
ljm1017
on 7/11/07 8:51 am - Kissimmee, FL
Thank you for your advise. As of today I stopped drinking soda Lisa
(deactivated member)
on 7/10/07 4:19 am - Ontario, CA
RNY on 05/07/07 with
My daughter started drinking soda again and gained 20 pounds too. I was told that soda makes you retain water and since I stopped it my ankles don't swell like they used to. STOP THE SODA! You will drop the 20 pounds. I love soda too but the weight gain isn't worth it. Hugs, Esther
ljm1017
on 7/11/07 8:55 am - Kissimmee, FL
Thank you, as of today I gave up soda today Lisa
martin123
on 7/10/07 4:40 am - perth amboy, NJ
yes , because soda is not part of the diet suggestion you are supporsed to drink crystal light diet snapple, that could be why ur gaing instead of losing more..
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1416 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views