Feeling awfully alone right now...This is my first post and surgery is Wed.7/11/07.

nestelle
on 7/8/07 1:07 pm
I determined to go ahead with the LapBand 5 weeks ago after a false start in April. I cancelled then because I felt I should be able to accept responsibility for my overeatting, get control and use the thousands I'm throwing at this surgery for other pressing matters. Of course that didn't happen and my fear of losing my mobility (bad knees) dignity and independence won out. But I feel so awfully alone in this. My husband, soulmate, best friend and business partner of 34 years passed away 3 long years ago and my children are grown and out of our home, so there's no one who's right here and really invested in this with me as he would have been. That's the hardest thing for me. For the most part this is simply a practicality, but I know that a support group helps to get one past the rough spots and I want to make the most of this opportunity. So here I am. You all know better than I what to expect, so I'll be checking for what you have to say. Thanks in advance for your advice and support.
ohsosexy
on 7/8/07 1:45 pm - MIAMI GARDENS, FL
If you are by yourself that is all the more reason to take care of you. I don't know if you believe in God or a higher power, but you will be in my prayers through out it all.
TESSIE59
on 7/8/07 2:56 pm - Frewsburg, NY
I'm so sorry to hear about everything that has been going on. Due to cir****tances my husband, soul mate, best friend is not with me right now. I wish so much that he was here with me to go through this. However, as the other post said, God will get you through anything you need. He is a husband to the husbandless. My surgery is scheduled for July 18th. If you need this surgery, then even thought it is difficult, you need to do it.
Linda_S
on 7/8/07 3:24 pm - Eugene, OR
Hey Nan - I'm alone too. I figure if I want to be able to live a long and healthy life and take care of myself without ending up in some home, this is my best shot at it. As for feeling bad about not being able to lose weight on your own, remember that it largely has to do with genetics and the fact that food is much more readily available to use than it was in the days when we had to hunt and gather for it! Linda
turtleof3
on 7/8/07 3:29 pm - Stillwater, OK
Nan, there is a great big huge family here , so pull up a seat and stay awhile. We are here for each other.No tears, no fears. Check your community (in the paper maybe)or just ask around there is alot of support outside the four walls.Kristin
Dreamskape
on 7/8/07 6:20 pm - Elkhart, IN
Hello Nan... I'm sorry to hear about your husband. I'm sure that is very hard on you right now being alone in this... But please try to remember that this is a time for you to do something for yourself... to take care of YOU... and that is what you will be doing on July 11. When I hit bottom and get bummed out about things, I think of the Phoenix, and how it rose from the ashes .... and that's what I do.... I don't let something get me down, and don't give up... I rise up from the ashes and become even stronger. I hope you will too. Best of Luck on the 11th... and remember... we are always here for you. Hugs, Jackie
wanda7707
on 7/8/07 8:06 pm
hi if you like read my profile. my husband was totally against it. but i felt it was time to take care of ME. I was scared,but having to deal with resistance, so know you are in my prayers. my only regret is i didn't do it two years earlier, when i first got interested. you will be glad after the first trial's ( GOD is with you wherever you go) so be strong for yourself. i found a closer relationship with GOD THOUGH MY LIFE CHANGE! HE IS STRONG WHEN WE ARE WEAK! email me anytime and i'll give you my phone# if you need to talk
sprout
on 7/9/07 1:40 am - kingston, Canada
Hi Wanda I am sorry that you are alone at this time, I am so lucky to have my husband who is wonderful. I hope you have close friends and family that you can turn to, if not please remember that we are all thinking of you and praying for you. You are so brave and I admire your courage. You deserve this and remember to reach inside yourself and find the strength you need. I had my surgery last week and it is hosestly not that bad, I already feel like I am starting a new life and I can't wait to get going. I will be thinking of you on the 11th and I will pray that everything works out...I know it will! sheri
Linda_S
on 7/9/07 2:29 am - Eugene, OR
Hey Nan - how are you doing this morning? I hope you're not feeling so alone now. We're all here for you. Do you have someone to call you in the hospital to make sure you're doing okay? If you PM me your number, I'll be happy to check up on you. You're going to do fine and life is gonna get so much better! Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1416 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views