Surgery July 12....

ewiechngr
on 7/8/07 11:25 pm
Hi everyone...My surgery is coming up...my worst fear is to throw up. I also think that I am going to be the only patient that this does not work on! I am very excited and nervous at the same time. Just want the surgery OVER!!
H A.
on 7/8/07 11:32 pm - NOR CAL, CA
My surgery is on the 12th also. I can't tell you all the thoughts running through my head right now. I just try and read posts and journals to have an idea what it's going to be like after the surgery. Best wishes. Heidi
ewiechngr
on 7/8/07 11:42 pm
Hi Heidi...I hope all of your dreams come true...best wishes...bonnie
H A.
on 7/9/07 12:51 am - NOR CAL, CA
Thanks Bonnie, All I can say is I'm not sure I could go through with it without this board and the support. My husband doesn't like talking about it because it make him nervous. Best you you Bonnie. I know you'll do great. Heidi
sprout
on 7/9/07 1:30 am - kingston, Canada
HI Heidi I know what you mean about all the thoughts going through your head. I had my surgery last Tuesday and I still worry that it isn't going to work and that something will happen to me. I just find positive people to surround myself with and read about all the success stories on the board and I feel so much better. It seems no matter what feelings and fears we have there is someone out there who can help or has the same thing going on. I know you will do well, you sound so much like me the week before my surgery but I really feel like I have started a new chapter in my life and I as so looking forward to it. All the best to you think postive and believe in yourself and remember you are worth it!!! Sheri
Jean M. B.
on 7/9/07 4:13 am - St. Cloud, MN
Hi, Bonnie! When is your surgery scheduled? Mine is tomorrow and I am at peace with my decision and very hopeful. Reading about other people's successes had been very helpful to me. I noticed you haven't put anything on your profile yet...I found it "therapeutic" to write my story and journal as I have traveled on this journey. You might, too. I have also experienced many feelings related to WLS but as I said, feel at peace now. There is no reason that this surgery won't work on you! Especiallly, if you follow your doctor's orders. Believe in yourself...you CAN do this!!! Take care, Jean
Jean M. B.
on 7/9/07 4:17 am - St. Cloud, MN
Ooops! Didn't read the subject line....
ewiechngr
on 7/9/07 4:21 am
Hi, thanks so much for the response. I am very excited for the surgery...I just do not like hospitals and I hate the feeling of coming out of anesthesia. I am happy with my decision to do this. I wish you good luck tomorrow and throughout your journey...take care. Bonnie
Linda_S
on 7/9/07 5:47 am - Eugene, OR
Best wishes Bonnie and Heidi! I think we all worry that we will be the ones to gain the weight back or never lose it at all. I think if we follow doctor's orders, we ought to do just fine! Linda
jessica0378
on 7/9/07 7:55 am - Red Lion, PA
Oh, another date twin??? We'll be recovering together! This IS going to work! You'll do great! I am no where near as nervous as I am excited! I've been waiting for the fear to hit me, and I just hope it's after surgery, lol. I can bet that once they call me to inform us of what time to arrive at the hospital, it'll kick in then. I'm not sure.....I've had surgery before and I was fine, and that was surgery that I HAD to have.....this one, yes, I need it to cure my obesity, but I know that I want it even more! I can't wait to do all the things that my obesity has kept me from doing, and I am a dreamer and a planner (Pisces) and I'm soooooo ready! There are just a few things that I afraid of.....hair loss and loose skin. I know that if my hair thins out, I can wear a wig or hair piece, and my hair WILL grow back. I really really don't want to hae loose sagging and flappy skin, but if I do oh well! I'm losing weight to be healthy and start a family, and after we have kids, if it bothers me that bad, I'll go for PS. Just take it one day at a time, and alyaws remember that you have hundreds of cheerleaders here at OH.....when in doubt, just post! Hugs, Jessica
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1416 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views