Update on me

rchllaw
on 7/8/07 10:06 pm - Loves Park, IL
RNY on 07/06/07 with
Today is my second day home and it sucks! I have been in pain on and off for the last 2 days and while I knew I would hurt. I didn't know I would hurt like this. I have been trying to walk to get over the constipation but it's very difficult for me. My husband has been a gem! He is on his way to walmart right now to get a few things for me. I have become lactose intolerant so he is going to go get some lactaid or silk. I'm not sure which. I am having a hard time getting my protien and water in. I am drinking as much as I can but I'm having a really hard time with food. I'm just not hungry at all and if I try to eat I throw up 90% of the time. So I am just doing a little at a time. I haven't been able to sleep for more than a couple of hours at a time either so that is really effecting me and my moods. Well I am going to go lay down again. have a great day and I hope to bring good news next time I update
Jean M. B.
on 7/8/07 11:01 pm - St. Cloud, MN
Hi, Rachel! I'm so sorry you are having a difficult time and are in pain. I hppe you feel better soon! ((hugs)) Do you have a temperature? Are you taking your pain meds? I think you should call your surgeon and let him/her know how you're feeling. Was your surg open or lap? My surg has me continue on the liquid protein diet (not even cream soups) for four weeks after to allow time for stomach to heal. Rachel, definitely get your rest but all the WLS grads say "sip, sip, sip and walk, walk, walk". If your pain is gas the walking is supposed to be the best thing you can do, even if it is only just a little bit at first. My surg is tomorrow morning...I know I'll be nervous then but I am still sooooooooooo excited today!!! Take care and keep in touch, Jean
sprout
on 7/9/07 1:22 am - kingston, Canada
Hi Rachel I had my surgery last Tuesday and was surprised how well I felt the next day, I went for a walk and I only felt a tight restriction in my chest, when I tried to take deep breaths. The next few days were a bit different, I did have quite a bit of discomfort and constipation as well. My doc. told me to take Milk of Magnisia (spelling?). It really worked for me. Now I have put my back out and it is really hard to walk so I have been going to the local supermarket and getting a cart and walking up and down the isles for 30 minutes, it really is the only solution for me at this time. I hope the pain will subside soon for you but if it doesn't you should call your doctor, and tell him/her. I know what you mean about the drinking too, man it is hard to drink that much water, I have found Crystal Lite to be helpful at least it gives you some variety. I KNOW you will be feeling better soon just hang in there time does help, I hope you can get some rest that really does make you feel better too! Sheri
Linda_S
on 7/9/07 2:12 am - Eugene, OR
Oh Rachel! I'm so sorry to hear you're not doing well. What are the things you are trying to eat? Can you handle a protein shake? How about jello or sf/ff pudding? I was also told to get things like healthy choice soup (the cream variety) and blend it up, eat about 1/4 cup at a time. I hope you're feeling better soon. Thank goodness you have DH there to help you. Linda
jessica0378
on 7/9/07 7:46 am - Red Lion, PA
HEY! I'm glad to read that you've made it home! I wish you were feeling better though! Just take it easy, and walk every chance you get. Are you on clear liquids still? If you can't handle what you're eating, go back to clears! I've read that the first few weeks are tough, especially with mood swings, but look....you got through the liquid diet for 2 weeks, and you got this far......you're on track and you can do it! (make sure you tell me this too next week when I feel like crap, lol) I'm so proud of you girl! Take it easy, and don't be afraid to call the Dr office.....better safe than sorry! Call me if you want to talk....hugs, Jes
cleos_mom
on 7/9/07 12:30 pm - phila., PA
Hi If you are throwing up so much you should really call your Dr.To get rid of the pain you have to walk, walk and more walk and it will help you if you just lay around it will get worse and you can develop blood clots. and you have to stay hydrated so keep sipping GOOD LUCK Susan
MeMeJan
on 7/9/07 11:15 pm - Roanoke, LA
Hi I know exactly how you feel, I didn't realize that the pain would be so bad either, but now I'm 11 days out, and just got my drain removed yesterday. I finally slept a whole night last night, and I"m feeling much better today. Just don't give up!! I too was discouraged at first, but each day gets a little bit better. Keep sipping water all day, and try taking a stool softener every day, that will really help. Hope you feel a lot better soon!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1416 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views