Im having second thoughts...HELP!

ambadiva
on 7/8/07 7:24 am - Duluth, MN
It has been a pattern in my life to feel so frustrated and ready to give up and when I do...BINGO...everything comes together and It works out. SIGH! I have been waiting a year and a half for Medicare to begin approving lapband surgeries and recently after nearly six months of being reviewed my clinic/hospital was denied. So, it just seems like it will not happen. Usually I get into a positive mode when I am down and I am waiting for it all to kick in...it's just so disappointing. Is anyone going through the same thing or had been doing that. I guess I just have to re-vision my dream and think positively...sorry, I just had to vent....hugs, Barbara
Dreamskape
on 7/8/07 7:39 am - Elkhart, IN
Hi Barb... I think it's natural for everyone to have second thoughts at some point during the process. We just have to remember to focus on the long term goal and know that even with the speedbumps in the road, in the end, it WILL happen and it WILL be worth it. So hang tight sister... you can do this! You are a fighter.. so don't let the system get you down! Fight back stronger and harder then you did before. {{Hugs}} Jackie
ninaj
on 7/8/07 8:10 am
Hang in there Barb! I know it's frustrating, I was fortunate enough to have my surgery done last week, but I witnessed the year-plus vigil that my best friend went through of being denied a couple of times. The really frustrating thing was that she was a nurse in a prestigious hospital and couldn't get help herself. After pursuing every avenue, and being on a continuous roller coaster of emotional drama, thinking one minute it would be approved and then coming back to square one, she finally had her surgery. Those times were very painful for her and it was frustrating for me to watch. We spent a great deal of our time talking about it and it seemed to consume her. But she's three years out now and we have to forcefully remember the frustration and tears. She looks great and more importantly feels terrific! What if she would have given up? She'd probably be still wearing her size 30 and I probably would not not have pursued it for myself had I not witnessed her successful journey. So Barb, you have to do this, not just for you, but for those whose lives you will touch through your transformation!! Keep the Faith, girl. In God's own time, a time that is set-apart and best for you, He will orchestrate everything, and put everything in its proper place and YOU will have your surgery. You'll get your date and then you'll be psycho like the rest of us and wonder if anything dumb will happen to keep you from your appointed time.
ambadiva
on 7/8/07 9:08 am - Duluth, MN
WOW! You should have your own talk show...talk about being supportive and adding positive insiparation and feedback. In all humility and modesty I thank you...you are certainly a breath of fresh air as are all the responces I get on this board. I went shopping a few months back bringing with me all the positive motivation that the surgery would be there for me and I bought over $300 in clothing for post surgery...they are beautiful and bring together a fine vision I have formyself. They are not hanging in my closet waiting to be worn but are hanging all over my studio (I am an artist) for all to see. I just had a brief DOWN MOMENT and went to the board for a re-investment to my WLS journey...know this, you are loved, Barbara
ambadiva
on 7/8/07 9:14 am - Duluth, MN
Jackie...Thank you for your response. I need to take that quiet moment and refocus on my vision for my absolutely wonderful future beyond this "down" moment of having second thoughts. You are the greatest...thank you, again. Hugs, Barbara
beachesgal
on 7/8/07 10:22 am - Pace, FL
VSG on 05/20/08 with
Hi Barbara...I also have Medicare. I am waiting for the hospital (where I want to have WLS) to become a Center Of Excellence....which Medicare requires. The nurse I spoke with at Baptist told me to call her back in Sept. They are very close to becoming a COE hospital...So, in the meantime, this gives me time to go to my PCP every month, get the psy eval, etc....I sure hope it's not all in vain...I pray to God that whatever happens...one way or the other, is HIS will....All I can do is keep trying...Ya know? So, I hope you are feeling much better by now, and remember, never, ever give up the fight...I won't either. Hugs, Donna
ambadiva
on 7/8/07 12:09 pm - Duluth, MN
Thank's Donna...There are required improvements for SMDC to be accepted as CFE by Medicare. I attended a meeting for support (lapband) and my doctor was there. He did not mention anything about the denial of Med. which left me frustrated but also knew they were working at "fixing" any problems and I have great confidence that it will all be OK. I just had a WOW moment this AM while having coffee with a friend and shared my thoughts about possibly not going through with it...after read- ing the responses to my post I have definetly re-surged my energies toward a successful future with my WLS journey...again,thanks...Barbara
ambadiva
on 7/10/07 2:56 am - Duluth, MN
Donna... I read your post to me last night and I did not know how to get in touch with you. I am wondering what you have done to prepare for your surgery? Have you seen the Bariatric surgeon and been accepted for the WLS? Have you seen the nutritionist? Did your doctor suggest you have to lose a certain amount of weight before the surgery? I know you are going through a difficult time and I am there for you. I would like to support you and help you in any way that I can. If you read my blog you will have noted I have a BMI of 38, am 5'2" and weigh 208#. As I have been waiting a year and a half after being accepted for the surgery I had been told by my surgeon I can lose 10#. Great...Hah! It has been a catch-22 as I have also been told not to go below 200# as it would put me in jeopardy as a candidate. Of course we thought the surgery would be only a few months away. I had been accepted by Medicade for the surgery for up to one year...well that ran out this March 20th of this year. Medi- cade is my secondary insurance and should help a great deal to help cover expences for what Medicare. my primary insurance, won't cover...they work hand in hand. Lola, the woman working to get the insurances together re-filed for a second year for Medicade and Medicade said they would accept me after I was accepted by Medicare. They also said I would have to be under supervision on a diet documentation for six months. WHEW! I have been doing so for the past year and a half and longer. Now all we have to wait for is Medicare to approve SMDC for a COE and then to accept me for the surgery then everything should work out fine. Sorry this is so long but I wanted to be as thorough as I can be with you. I forgot to mention I have co-morbid health issues which allows me to have the surgery. I understand your most personal issues and the long wait...maybe you can be in touch with a nut and see this person for only 15-20 minutes which would cut the expense of a longer time. Please take care and keep in touch I really want to hear from you...love, Barbara...and 1000 hugs!
ohsosexy
on 7/8/07 1:49 pm - MIAMI GARDENS, FL
Please hang in there. I have been trying to get approve since 2004 and I am happy to say I finally got it! I had to finance it myself though, because the insurance companies kept giving me the run around. You just have to be patient and consider options that you feel like you should not have to take. however, they maybe neccessary.
ambadiva
on 7/8/07 7:55 pm - Duluth, MN
Hello Phyllis...Thank you for your support and very good advice. Actually I hadn't been too frustrated about waiting so long and after reading about your wait I realize I am not in such a bad place. My friends and family seem to be more frustrated than I am and I have to keep telling them I am ok with the wait. It finally hit me yesterday that possibly my WLS won't happen even though I was approved as a candidate Feb. 1,2006. I have two insurances that should help me it's just one is waiting on the other and first of all Medicare has to approve SMDC as a COE then things should get rolling. Again, thank you for all that you have told me...take care...hugs, Barbara
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1416 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views