7/10...HERE I COME!

Jean M. B.
on 7/8/07 2:33 am - St. Cloud, MN
Hi, Everone! I can't believe it...but, it's true! My RNY/lap is finally on for Tuesday! I've been spending the day picking up around my house, checking in with you guys, packing, shopping for some more SF popsicles, etc and plan to clean up my craft room/office this afternoon. I also plan to have my DH take some before pics! Wish I would have done it sooner, cuz I have lost 31lbs on my LD. Thats ALOT but, remember, this is my second time on LD. I was on my 11th day when my surg got cancelled due to some probs found during my pre-surg exam. All is OK now and the new date was set! Will be checking in at 9:45 am and will have surg shortly after that. There is a 'puter I can access in the visitor's lounge, so, I plan to check in with you guys as soon as I can. Or, I'll have my daughter, Joy, post for me. Anyway, I couldn't be more EXCITED! Soon I will be joining our kind friends on the looser's bench. After waiting so long for this, I can hardly believe it's really happening! Did I say I was EXCITED? Is it morbid of me to write a note to my family...y'know, just in case. I have been pretty successful keeping the thoughts of the potential complications at bay, but they've started to creep in. SLAP MY FACE! OK, I'm better now! Sending out another CONGRATS for all of you July's who have already taken the plunge. Hope you all are doing well and hope those following my day will do great as well! Take care, Jean
Betsy B.
on 7/8/07 3:55 am - MN
Jean, I will say a prayer for you on my way to the hospital at 6am!!! See you on the flip side, cant wait to be a loser with you!!!! Betsy PS great job on the ld, i lost 19.5, so far.
Jean M. B.
on 7/8/07 3:58 am - St. Cloud, MN
Good luck, Betsy!!! I wll also say a prayer for you (and, your surgeon)!!! Yeah, we can be loosers together!!!! Good job on your 19.5...doesn't it feel great? Jean
Laurie J.
on 7/8/07 10:43 am - St Croix Falls, WI
Jean & Betsy! I'm right there with ya! Can't wait - nervous, but excited....I'll be praying for all of us that we all get through just fine (which we will). See ya all on the loosers bench! LKJ
Jean M. B.
on 7/8/07 11:32 pm - St. Cloud, MN
Hey, Laurie! OMG, it's really going to happen...I'm so excited! Thanks for the prayers, I'm sending them out for all of us, too. Hope all goes well for you! See YOU on the looser's bench!!!!
poeticmom
on 7/8/07 11:54 am - VA
Hey Jean, I'll be ckn in on the 10th as well at 9 am, remember a few backs when I had to loose my preop 15 and I was freaking out?? Im soooo glad I came here and looked for advice, Im ready, my doc didnt have me write a "in case" letter or whatever they call them, anyways, today I TURNED 31!!!!, my bday gift to myself??? fleet's phospho soda at 9:30 am of course!! , the lil ones blew out my candles and I have a headache from all the jello n liquids, lol, but Im ready!!!. best of luck and thank you all again for all the support and understanding.
Jean M. B.
on 7/8/07 11:35 pm - St. Cloud, MN
Woooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooo! It's almost tomorrow!!! Congrats on loosing your 15 and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm a little older than you (52) but we are sisters in our journey. Fleets!! Good luck with that!!! I know what you mean about the LD, I'm sick of it!!! Take care and I will be thinking of you tomorrow! Jean
Charles York
on 7/8/07 6:58 pm - Columbiana, OH
Looks like I get to lead the way to the loser's bench. I'm scheduled for 7:30. I'll be thinking of all of you on the way in. See you on the bench. Good luck to all. Chuck
Jean M. B.
on 7/8/07 11:37 pm - St. Cloud, MN
Good luck, tomorrow, Charles! Looks like you are first...save us all a place! We are getting thru this together!!! Jean
Sharon Johnson
on 7/9/07 4:23 am - Marina, CA
Hi Jean-I would also like to say congrats to you and all of us who are scheduled for tomorrow. I have to be at CHOMP at 6 am, surgery at 7:45 (approx. 2:15 min in), then an hour in recovery then to my room. I am not nervous or scared, because this is something that will save my life and let me be a better mom and wife. I have lost 50 lbs so far. As far as writing a letter to your family, that is a great idea. I am doing the same as well as getting information together for my husband and my daughter, for that just in case. It is not morbid, just a reality check. WISHING ALL OF US THE BEST OF LUCK CHEERS Sharon Johnson
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1416 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views