Advice for surgery

laughter4myheart
on 7/8/07 6:55 am - Sterling Heights, MI
hello.. This is my first post. I am scheduled for a conversion from lap to gastric on July 19th. I have been on the Garden diet consisting of only liquid protein and protein bars. Any advice for me for preparation between now and the 19th? Suggestions for things I will need at home or take with me? food ideas?? Helpful hints would be most appreciated. I am not sure how to fill out the profile area and a blog? but I will continue to work with your web site. So far I have found it very informative!!!
Jacqueline H.
on 7/8/07 11:09 am - Lawrenceville, NJ
Jane, I'll be having surgery the same day! Welcome! I've mostly been trying to stick to my liquid diet and get everything at home and work ready to go. There are several good lists floating around with suggestions for what to take to surgery, but the things that really stick with me are chapstick (because hospitals are so dry), your own pillow, slip-on shoes or slippers to wear in the hospital, and a fan in case you get too hot there. Take care!
Roberta W.
on 7/8/07 7:36 pm - Kent, WA
Hi Jane, I am having the same surgery just two days before you - LapBand to Distal RNY Revision. A good place to start is going to the home page, under "Learning" and read those topics especially "Making the choice" which tells you how to prepare. Also, under "Featured Topics" on home page-->"Nutrition". My doc has us on a two week pre-op liquid diet to shrink our livers: only sugar-free popsicles, SF jello, SF drinks (Crystal Lite), and clear broth. It truly sucks but it works - I am down 20lbs pre-op as of today. Good luck to you, Roberta [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wINu9nA/] [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wINu9nA/weight.png[/img] [/url]
Jean M. B.
on 7/9/07 4:22 am - St. Cloud, MN
Thanks for posting, Roberta! I hadn't looked at the "Learning" section and it was helpful. Jean
martin123
on 7/10/07 4:36 am - perth amboy, NJ
why are u being changed from lapband to bypass
laughter4myheart
on 7/10/07 12:36 pm - Sterling Heights, MI
HI Rachel...My lap band is being removed because I am having issues with hives etc. My health has rapidly declined since I have had it placed 2.5 years ago. I have so many health issues now that we decided the best thing to do it remove it (it is a foreign object in your body) and do the conversion. This should help with a lot of medical problems.
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1416 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views