Protein powders...

Amy_in_MA
on 7/7/07 9:53 am - Danvers, MA
So I've been doing the Carnation Instant Breakfast with Hood Simply Smart Milk...about 20 grams per shake. I'm just wondering about the post-op time and getting in enough protein. I was looking at some protein powders and wondered if anyone had any experience with the taste/value of the brand Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard Protein? They seem to have quite a few flavors and the powder alone has 24 grams of protein. Anyone?
H A.
on 7/7/07 11:07 am - NOR CAL, CA
Carnation has a sugar free. I also like the Atkins though it has too much fat. I've purchase the Matrix chocolate and Nectar Fuzzy Navel. Both I like now. I don't know if I'll like it after surgery. I'm going to pick up some plain protein powder at GNC on Monday to put in broth and jello. I just went to Costco and got really nervous and was thinking what the hell am I going to eat. Time to look at my packet from the nutritionist. I don't want to eat the wrong thing and dump.
Stephanie G.
on 7/7/07 11:13 am - Rowlett, TX
Go to Unjury.com for some great chocolate, vanilla and unflavored. Also GNC will let you return anything you don't like, even if it's open. They also have some mixed up in the refrige for you to try (if there's one near you).
Linda_S
on 7/7/07 11:40 am - Eugene, OR
I love the Unjury - it tastes really good. I've also got some EAS 100% Whey, which I like and it's a lot cheaper than the Unjury. Carnation Instant Breakfast doesn't have all that much nutrition in it. I don't know why some places recommend it to their patients. Linda
Amy_in_MA
on 7/7/07 1:29 pm - Danvers, MA
Thanks ladies! I think they suggest the CIB with the Simply Smart milk because it gets about 15 to 20 grams of protein per serving that way, is readily accessible to most people, and is comparatively cheap. I just ordered some samples of the Unjury to try. Thanks!
Alison M.
on 7/10/07 11:39 am - NY
hey, my dr.'s have me using powder isopure for 50 grams per serving, plus adding the lowfat milk in, gets you the required 60. i also have the premade liquid isopures, tropically flavors, and those give you 40 grams of protein per serving.... i also tried the nectar leonade, fuzzy navel and ice tea and love those, they are 23 grams per serving!! HTH
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1416 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views