today is kickijng my butt

mskissa123
on 7/7/07 10:52 am - hemet, CA
I keep telling myself, and my tummy why I am not eating, why I am doing this LSD and why I am not going to cheat on it, but my tummy seams to be louder then my mind today and it is making this day very hard, Its only day 4 :'( 10 more days till my surgery and I know it is only for a short time and I can do it, but today is just a bad day tomorrow like yesterday will be better
Amy_in_MA
on 7/7/07 11:12 am - Danvers, MA
I remember feeling just like this about a week ago...and I came here and posted and got a lot of support. I think it was when I hit the halfway point (6 days ago) that I thought "I CAN do this, I WILL do this, I am already halfway there". And you can do it too! I haven't cheated...not once...I just keep reminding myself that it doesn't hurt anyone but myself...and I'm done doing this crap this is bad for me and jeopardizes me being here for my child. Remember your reason(s) for pursuing WLS...think about them, take it one minute at a time. Have one of your protein drinks/shakes early if it will help stave off your tummy a little while.
amylh2006
on 7/7/07 12:54 pm - lynn, MA
I know how you feel. i think we all do. I am now on day 4 of my LD. yeah it still sucks and it probably will untill the very last day.but I try to tell myself I wasted so much of my life because I couldn't say no to a bite of food. I am not gonna do it any more. And remember if you cheat you are only making it harder on yourself becuase it is like our bodies are detoxing. once you cheat you will have to start all over. I don't really feel hungry anymore it's just that when food is around I want to eat it. keep your head up and when you are tempted to cheat write a list of all the reasons you want to do this. that has helped me a few times
mskissa123
on 7/7/07 3:17 pm - hemet, CA
Thanks guys, I didn't cheat it was just really hard today but tomorrow is another day and it will be better then today, and the next week will just fly by and it will soon be over
Amy_in_MA
on 7/7/07 9:05 pm - Danvers, MA
Way to hang in Carissa! You'll be just fine.
Jean M. B.
on 7/8/07 3:02 am - St. Cloud, MN
Carisa! YOU CAN DO IT!!! I'm on my 13th day and have had plenty of real hunger pangs, as well as the "head hunger". But, with everyone's support from this MB, I'm doing it, too! My DH has also been great, too, so I am really lucky. I think you are on the right track, reminding yourself why you are doing this and knowing that tomorrow will be a better day. Keep busy with something, that has helped me. Take care and let me know how you're doing, Jean
Dreamskape
on 7/8/07 7:44 am - Elkhart, IN
Carissa -- I had to do the WLS thing for 30 days prior to my surgery and it was hard at times.. But my doctor told me that the reason he puts his patients on a WLS program prior to surgery is because he wants the liver to shrink and by doing so... the surgery always goes better. I just kept focusing on the fact that I wanted a nice easy surgery so that helped me stay on track. Hopefully it can help you too. ;)
lennaslimo
on 7/9/07 8:24 am - Southaven, MS
carissa on my liver shrink diet i can have all the cauliflower, brocolli and carrots i want. so try eating some. do you not like them? i know its hard but you can do it. i start mine the 23rd. i feel like since i can have he veggies whickh i like raw that i will be ok. maybe its my thinking and i will be like you. god bless us all.
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1416 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views