OMG, Monday at 7:00am!!

LAGORDITA
on 7/7/07 7:24 am
I am a nervous wreck, and I keep thinking what if something happens to me! I need to relax but all I think about is the surgery and my daughter!
Pinkshell4u
on 7/7/07 8:17 am
I know exactly how you feel. I'm feeling kinda nervous and nauseous. We'll be fine, its just the anticipation. Watch a movie or go for a walk. Good luck on Monday! Shell
Amy_in_MA
on 7/7/07 9:51 am - Danvers, MA
I was having my freak-out yesterday...today, I'm ok. Hang in there...go for a walk, read a book, do some relaxation and deep breathing. I understand the fears...I'm a single mom to a 6.5 year old little boy. And he has his own anxiety that we've been talking about. He's afraid I won't live through the surgery. We've spent a lot of time talking about how carefully mommy picked the people who will be taking care of her for this very reason. And in the process of talking about my surgical/medical team, well, it reassured myself. We will ALL be fine...visualize it!
H A.
on 7/7/07 10:58 am - NOR CAL, CA
Ok don't make me teary. I think the leaving kids behind is the worst. I'm not afraid for myself just my kids. "visualize it" good idea.
Amy_in_MA
on 7/7/07 11:15 am - Danvers, MA
When I asked my son what I could do to help him not be as scared about my surgery, he said "not have the surgery." He is the main reason I began to think seriously about having WLS. I'm the only real parent he has. My mom was his other parent, and she passed away unexpectedly in May 2006. It's been a rough year for us all...but one filled with growth. And I couldn't handle the thought of killing myself with food and not being there for him...and I couldn't handle the idea of not playing with him, being active with him...that is not the kind of childhood I want for him. I just want better for him and us both.
H A.
on 7/7/07 1:15 pm - NOR CAL, CA
Dee I'm a wreck too. I worry about things going wrong and regretting it. I'm pretty healthy now unless you ask me to paint my toes. I just have to keep on focusing that most people on this site are very happy the went through with it. I'm prepared to not be happy for the first two weeks. By the way I talked to just a regular Dr. that I know personally. He said that every person that he met even the ones that have terrible problems are very happy they went through with it and would do it all over again. Sooo lets focus on the positive! Heidi
Jean M. B.
on 7/8/07 3:40 am - St. Cloud, MN
Hi, Dee! Sorry you are feeling so upset. Because we go into this knowing that there are risks involved with this (or any surgery), it's difficult not to worry. Just remember that it's normal to worry...statistics aren't just numbers, they represent actual people. I have to believe that the benefits far outweigh the risks and I bet you do too! Hang in there, Dee. It's going to be alright and you will be there for your daughter, healthier than ever!! Take care, and let us know how you are doing, Jean
lennaslimo
on 7/8/07 8:45 am - Southaven, MS
dee, you will be fine. i will be in your shoes next month on the 6th. but we will be ok. we will be much healthier than we are now.
LAGORDITA
on 7/8/07 9:28 am
Thanks guys! I went to the movies with hubby and then weeded the yard. I called my daughter in Puerto Rico (she's staying with my parents for the summer) and I feel better than earlier. I know that when my alarm goes off at 4am I am going to be a wreck! But I am going forth with the advantage that I have all of you here to support me and pray for me!
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1416 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views