Ms Griff07 is HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MsGriff07
on 7/6/07 10:32 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Everyone!!!! I came home yesterday ....they kept me an extra day (anemia) Im sore gassy you know the usual routine and that's fine with me because I realize it could be much worse. I would like to tell everyone I appreciated (More than you'll know) ALL the prayers thoughts and wishes extended to me during this time it Really kept my spirits up!!!!! All of you are my angels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know having friends and family to support you is key BUT it isnt the same especially if they have never had a weight problem never had surgery...... it's different with you guys You guys know the struggles and the battles of making a decision that will impact the rest of your life Without you guys I dont know what I would do!!!!!!! So here's to my OH sisters and bros(it's sugar free slushe) Talk to you soon Carla
Dreamskape
on 7/6/07 11:45 pm - Elkhart, IN
Hi Carla... Glad you are doing well! I had a bit of gassyiness too.. but walking will help with that.. plus I found that once I started getting the gas pains, if I went and sat on the toilet I usually ended up passing the gas fairly quickly. I think you will also find that you are much more comfortable at home then in the hospital! I had such terrible backaches that I thought was coming from the gas.. but now that I'm home and sleeping in a more comfortable bed, I don't have the back pain. Hopefully you will notice a difference too. Are you getting in all your liquids? I'm having a hard time getting my liquids in... and this morning I could not even eat all of my egg. (ate about 1/3rd of it) My doctor says the pouch will be swollen for awhile so that will keep liquid and food intake down, but I still wish I could get in the recommended amounts. I worry that I won't get proper nutrients. How did you surgery go overall? You seem to be doing very well. ;) ~~jackie
MsGriff07
on 7/7/07 2:44 am - Philadelphia, PA
I am glad you're doing well and you are totally right the backache was too much I slept like a baby in my own bed!!! I am jealous...... you get to eat eggs? Only clear liquids here until tues. and then full liquids for a week ...no FOOD for three weeks!!!Between my slushes and ice water I get in a little under the 64oz but that's normal Would'nt worry about it........ you'll get it everything takes time. I gained 7 lbs in the hospital and only lost one it will be interesting watching the lbs melt off.. Im praying for all the July babies out there follow all your Drs. orders have faith and do the damn thing you'll be happy!!!!! Carla
Jean M. B.
on 7/8/07 3:46 am - St. Cloud, MN
WELCOME HOME, Carla! So glad to hear you had a complication free surgery! This MB has been a life saver for me, too. You take care of yourself and sip, sip, sip! Can't wait to meet you on the looser's bench!!! Jean
Joelle F.
on 7/9/07 10:34 am - Greenville, WI
Glad you're home, Carla! Good to hear that things are going relatively well and you have a positive attitude! Here's to speedy healing and fast recoveries!
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1416 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views