I'm having a moment of...

Amy_in_MA
on 7/6/07 5:33 am - Danvers, MA
What the HELL am I doing? What was I THINKING altering my body this way? I know it will pass...just wondering what the heck I'm getting into...what if I can never eat "normally" again?
Linda_S
on 7/6/07 5:42 am - Eugene, OR
Ah Amy. Hopefully, after about six months to a year, you'll be able to eat normally for the first time in your life! It's the abnormal eating -- the outrageous appetite -- that's gotten us to where we are now. We don't want to go back to OUR normal way of eating. That's obviously unhealthy. You are doing the right thing. You will most likely, after a period of adjustment, be among the majority of people who would do this again in a heartbeat. Hang on -- your journey is about to begin!! Linda
Amy_in_MA
on 7/6/07 5:45 am - Danvers, MA
In some ways, it's like the depth of the reality of how I have failed to do this on my own i****ting me all over again...that I had to resort to this to establish a healthy relationship with food. What is WRONG with me that I got to this point? I know...that's a really good question for me to continue hammering out in therapy, LOL. Thanks Linda!
Linda_S
on 7/6/07 7:15 am - Eugene, OR
Amy - there's nothing wrong with you. As a matter of fact, in the olden days you would have been one of the fittest, healthiest, individuals on the planet. Your body has the genes that make it easy for you to store fat so you can survive the lean times. Unfortunately (or, I guess it's supposed to be a good thing) there are no lean times anymore. Food is too readily available for all of us and all the crap they add into food these days makes it extra easy for us to gain weight. You are not a bad person because you have gained weight. You are a good human being who deserves to be fit and healthy again, and you're doing what you need to to get there. Chin up -- we're all here for you! Linda
Jean M. B.
on 7/6/07 6:08 am - St. Cloud, MN
Hi, Amy! WLS is a BIG decision and it is life changing. I believe that, at least for me, it is what I need to do to improve my health. It's been too many years of trying to loose weight and failing to do anything else. Ultimately, it is your decision and you have to be strong and do what's right for you, surgery or not. But, try not to let the "worries" overwhelm you and color your judgement. I think you have come too far to stop now. Take care and best wishes, Jean
Amy_in_MA
on 7/6/07 6:20 am - Danvers, MA
I know this is the right decision for me. I have struggled with this weight issue since puberty...which for me, started at age 8. I'm 39. I've lost and gained so many lbs. before...I've done it the wrong way, the right way, and everything in between, but I've never been able to keep it off in the past. It's time to move forward with a tool that can help me do what I already know how to do. Thanks!
Becka_Marie
on 7/6/07 6:24 am - Wahiawa, HI
Big Hug I know we go through these periods of doubt but in the end you will be so happy you did this
Laurie J.
on 7/6/07 6:27 am - St Croix Falls, WI
Too funny that you posted this - here is what I posted on a different message board earlier today..... "I have gone through so much to get to this point, and I only have 5 days until surgery, but the closer I get to it, the more nervous I get about it. Not just the surgery, but everything afterwards too. The weight loss, how I will handle the "new me", how to handle the foods that I have "craved" or binged on in the past, What about my friends and boyfriend - how will they treat me? I've been fat my entire life, why should I change it now? Why would I want to change it now? I can deal with it? Ok - I know these are all emotions talking. My brain i****ting me in the head "stupid...don't say that - this is going to be great - your health will improve, your energy will improve, so many other aspects of your life will improve. Stop whining!" Yet, somehow, another part of my brain is saying all these other things... Anyone else experience this? HELP!" The responses there have been much like your's here - this is a normal thing to go through, don't worry about it...etc. I am so thankful for these boards as it has helped me TONS to get over this feeling today. Best of luck on your surgery Amy!
Amy_in_MA
on 7/6/07 6:32 am - Danvers, MA
I tell ya, these damn emotions will get you every time!
H A.
on 7/6/07 8:26 am - NOR CAL, CA
I'm doing the same thing. It's making me crazy.
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 649 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1416 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 974 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 828 views