I've got the liquid blues

B Girl
on 7/5/07 3:50 am
I'm on day 4 of the liquid diet. I don't feel particularly articulate, so I'll get right to it. Yesterday sucked. I wanted to participate in the bar-b-q, but knew that I couldn't. I had a rush of, "oh no, I'll never be able to eat again." I know that's not true. It's just upsetting. I'm feeling pretty emotional. Part of it is true nerves and the other part is me just wanting to eat. Anyone feeling the same way? I need some love right now.
rchllaw
on 7/5/07 4:41 am - Loves Park, IL
RNY on 07/06/07 with
Hang in there honey!!! I know how you feel. The first week was the hardest but it will soon be over and you won't be wanting to eat! I have cheated a few times on my liquid diet and felt horrible for doing it. I promise it will be worth it in the end ((hugs))
LAGORDITA
on 7/5/07 5:01 am
I know how you feel! My surgery is on Monday and I messed up more times that I want to admit. But hang in there!
Amy_in_MA
on 7/5/07 5:25 am - Danvers, MA
Oh do I know how you feel...I do, I do. I believe my post here was on day 7 or 8? Today is day 11...I'm still hungry...but at this point, I only have 3 days to go...and I know I can make it. Yesterday, I still chose to skip the bbqs...I had no desire to torture myself that way. I just try to focus on the rest of my life...that this next 2 years or so (and sometimes I break down into much smaller units, like this next 3 or 4 months) will be tough...but the rest of my life, the quality of my life, will be so much more improved. And I insist that I will be able to eat normally (maybe it's a pipe dream, but I'm gonna dream it until I learn otherwise)...know when to stop...and develop a healthier relationship with food. Just remind yourself of the long-term...and have a big glass of water, a sugar-free jello, a sugar-free popsicle, a cup of decaf/herbal tea, something that is soothing to you...cChicken bouillon works for me. Hang in there!
Pinkshell4u
on 7/5/07 5:53 am
I feel your pain, its hard but I just keep telling myself "That crap is what got you to where you are." I also eat a butt-load of SF popsicles, I bought 4 packages of 25 today, hehe. Oh and my transfer addiction......gum. I chew about 2 packs a day, SF Orbitz of course! I'm on Day 11 of LD and have managed not to cheat, I want my surgeon to say "Thats the smallest damn liver I've ever seen!!!!!" HA! Keep your eye on the prize B! Stay strong! Shell
Amy_in_MA
on 7/5/07 6:48 am - Danvers, MA
I want him to say the same about my liver. Too funny. I also chew a lot of gum (Extra Sugarless Peppermint) because I have the most awful taste in my mouth most of the time. I've been getting a lot of housework done instead of eating when I start to feel bored/restless. My son (he's 6) is a little peanut (he's all of 38 lbs.) and he wants all my sugar-free stuff. He has NO idea just how good he's got it right now...but he's been one of the most supportive people in my life and understands that I can't "eat" right now but just drink my shakes or have sugar free and fat free stuff.
amylh2006
on 7/5/07 6:08 am - lynn, MA
I too understand how you feel. Lucky for me my sister has been here so she has been cooking for my kids. cause I honestly don't even want to look at the food I am so afraid I will cheat. last night after everyone had dinner the hotdogs and hamburgers were sitting on the table I got up and threw it in the trash so I wouldn't be tempted to take one. I know I will be able to eat normal again it is just going to take awhile. my inspiration is my mother. she had surgery in march of 2005 so I see she eats normally. and my doc's nurse told me the other day this part is hard because you are hungry. I have done other things to keep my mind off of food. cleaning playing games on the computer sitting outside with my kids while they play. And to keep my stomach from growling drinking plenty of water.
Jupiter6
on 7/5/07 6:12 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
I knew I'd feel that way too, so for the only time in my life , I cheated--- I am doing 12 days instead of 14. I normally wouldn't, but hell, I lost 56 pounds already on the pre-op diet and wanted to say goodbye to my burgers! This means I have to bust ass for the next 12 days, tho. So far, so good!
Amy_in_MA
on 7/5/07 7:11 am - Danvers, MA
Take a look at the anatomy...when you really look at it, it is very easy to see just how important having a smaller liver would be to the amount of room they have when they operate. The stomach is beneath the liver...the liver lays on top of it...we all want them to have the absolute best possible cir****tances for our new plumbing hookups. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/43/Gray1224.png
mskissa123
on 7/5/07 8:16 am - hemet, CA
I am only on day 2 and today is better then yesterday emotionally for me, but I am board and not eating which is weird but I am drinking a lot of water, I think I will go by some gum :o) I am like some of you, family went out for pizza yesterday, I stayed home and told them NO LEFTOVERS I do not want it in the house, It worked I enjoyed my shake while they were out "I want my surgeon to say "Thats the smallest damn liver I've ever seen!!!!!" HA!" I didn't think of that one but that is a great reason to stay motivated, love it, wowI knew this would be an emotional roller coaster but I didn't relize it would come at the same time as pms,oh well atleast I will not have cramps post-op
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 650 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1416 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 975 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 829 views