Pre-op Liquid Diet Diarrhea

Roberta W.
on 7/3/07 8:12 pm - Kent, WA
Starting day 2 of pre-op LD and can't get off the pot! Anyone else? Tell me this will get better... please!
Amy_in_MA
on 7/3/07 10:28 pm - Danvers, MA
I'm sorry to hear that's been what you've got...it may just be the dietary change your body is reacting to. I would hope by day 7 you'd be more "regular" with it. I know I experienced this initially when I did Medifast over a year ago...but it has not been my experience with this pre-op diet. *sigh*
Amy_in_MA
on 7/3/07 10:31 pm - Danvers, MA
Oooh...another thought. Are you lactose intolerant? Is your liqiuid diet using a lot of skim/non-fat milk for your protein shakes?
Roberta W.
on 7/4/07 5:00 pm - Kent, WA
I don't use any milk, jus****er. BTW, prayers sent your way, Amy, for your upcoming surgery. Roberta
Pinkshell4u
on 7/4/07 11:36 am
I had the killer runs on Day 1 and 2 then it calmed down and I didnt have a regular poop again until Day 8. On Day 4 I started adding Benefiber to my bottles of water. I hope I have another poop before surgery Monday! HA! Good Luck! Shell
Roberta W.
on 7/4/07 5:02 pm - Kent, WA
Thanks for the suggestion and prayers sent your way also, Shell, for your upcoming surgery. Roberta
Amy_in_MA
on 7/4/07 8:36 pm - Danvers, MA
And here I am having to use Colace, lol. I guess the side effects of the LD really do run the gammut. As of this morning, I've at least hit the mark of losing 10 lbs. with the LD. And I'd lost 16 lbs. prior in the Cardiac Risk Reduction Program...being down 26 lbs. pre-op is certainly helping to keep me going...besides just a few more days for us, right Shell?
Roberta W.
on 7/5/07 10:12 am - Kent, WA
Well, I'll be darned!!!!!!!! After almost three days of massive diarrhea, I discovered I have food poisoning!! It was easy to narrow down since the only thing new I ate in the last three days was beef stock broth. After having some for breakfast this AM then spending 3 hours on the pot, it finally dawned on me. Must have been a bad batch...real bad. I'm sticking to cubes from now on! Roberta
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 650 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1416 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 975 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 829 views