Surgery Yesterday

Samantha J.
on 7/3/07 6:05 am - Temple, TX
I just found this site. Surprising considering all the research I've done. But the whole thing went so quickly for me from deciding to have the surgery to waking up in recovery... :) I can't believe that I did it. I'll be honest and say that I'm very happy for pain medication right now but I'm really hoping that I feel better by the end of the week. I'd love to hear how others are doing! :)
Donna B.
on 7/3/07 6:41 am - Somewhere in, VA
Glad to hear that you are doing well. I had my final nutrition class today and am now just waiting for surgery next Tuesday!! I am very excited! Keep us updated on how you are doing. Take care! Hugs, Donna
Sharon Johnson
on 7/3/07 7:48 am - Marina, CA
Hi Samantha and welcome..you are in a very friendly and supportive environment here, with people who are very nice and caring. I am so ready to have this done, and I have heard that the pain in either real bad, or not so bad, so basically I am hoping for somewhere in the middle. I have already talked with my docotr and he knows that I can't take morphine so they will be giving me liquid vicaodine. Hi Donna, how have you been? I am also getting ready for Tuesday, hard to beleive that the day is almost here. Have you gotten your shopping done? I will probably pick up a couple of more things before Tuesday.
Jean M. B.
on 7/3/07 9:08 am - St. Cloud, MN
Welcome, Samantha! I know you will find that this is a great message board! Glad to hear that your journey was relatively short from start to recovery...some of us have had a looooong journey to get here. My surg date is 7/10 and I can't wait!!!! Keep in touch and let us know how you are progressing. Take care,Jean
Samantha J.
on 7/3/07 9:16 am - Temple, TX
I say it was short. I started my journey in December with 6 months of doctor supervised weight loss program. We documented the co-morbidity factors and did the appropriate tests. In May I finished my six months and started with the Bariatric department. Met with nutritionist, surgeon's nursing team and the financial people. My file was sent to the insurance company and one week later I had my approval. I have to credit my PCP for documenting everything exactly as required. She is really good! Ten days ago, the surgeon's office called and asked if I would be ready for July 2nd. I took it and it's gone so fast that I can't believe it. I'm not complaining and I'm glad to have it done. But man, I feel like I haven't stopped for a breath yet.
Becka_Marie
on 7/3/07 1:45 pm - Wahiawa, HI
Hi Samantha I am happy you have gotten your surgery. Did you get it at Scott and White? How was your experence? I have a friend who lives in Killeen and is getting hers at Scott and White. I am originaly from the Temple area but live in Hawaii now. Hubby is military. Anyways best of luck on your recovery
Samantha J.
on 7/4/07 6:29 am - Temple, TX
Yes, I had it done at Scott and White. They really are the best hospital around here. The medical teams were excellent and I can't complain at all. Between the doctors, the nurses adn everyone else, I felt well taken care of. Removed my bandages today. There were six incisions. I've not felt very well due to a sore throat but today I'm actually feeling a little better. Drank some chicken brother. I tried some plain old chicken broth yesterday but it wasn't very good. Got some healthy choice Chicken and RIce soup today. Strained it and sipped on it. It was sooo much better than plain broth.
Monica P.
on 7/3/07 3:52 pm - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with
welcome samantha! I think you are our first post-op in the class of July '07! Congrats, please let us all know how you are recovering and how you are progressing.. Monica
turtleof3
on 7/4/07 8:00 am - Stillwater, OK
Hi Samantha, I'm glad to hear all is well. You seem so optimistic-that's what I need! I too am having surgery in Temple,Tx.I live in Harker Heights,and was pleased to see someone close by .You did have surgery in Temple , Right, Scott and White?? Which doctor?? When did you first meet your doctor??I have yet to meet mine , and my surgery is the 9th.Dr.Rodriguez.Well it's nice meeting you.Kristin
Samantha J.
on 7/4/07 9:34 am - Temple, TX
My surgeon is Dr. Symmonds and I met him on Friday and had my surgery on Monday. I understand that no matter who your surgeon is, both of them are actually in there. THey have a nice set up at Scott and White and it goes pretty quickly. The whole staff was really good. Let me know if you have any questions! :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 650 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1417 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 976 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 829 views