I've got a date and need friends

mtowngirl
on 7/3/07 4:30 am - Indianapolis, IN
I got my date. I got the mail on Monday and there was a letter from the insurance saying I was approved. I called Nancy at Dr. Clarks and they hadn't gotten anything yet. So I was on my way to fax them a copy when I got a call saying they got their letter also. I was given a date for this Friday to come and do the LAP BAND class. They said they were working on getting me a surgery date. This morning the phone rings and it was St. Francis Hospital wanting to do my pre-registration for my surgery on July 25th. What? I guess I've got a date. Now comes the emotions. Happy, excited, scared, nervous, and all those other feelings. Problem is you go through all of them in 5 minutes time. Not bad though I went to my initial group meeting April 16th, pre-op testing May 8th, Nutritionist appointment May 11th, Psych eval May 30th, insurance packet sent on June 18th, approval letter July 2nd and I guess surgery July 25th. Wow, all in all it will be 3 months from inception to reality.
Ethel777
on 7/3/07 5:41 am - UT
i am having my surgery on July 31st and have all the emotions that you described. I am having the gastric bypass. My insurance won't cover the lapband. I start my liquid diet on July 25. My doctor requires one week. I feel the same way you do I need friends. Good Luck to you!
Linda_S
on 7/3/07 5:41 am - Eugene, OR
Wow! Things are moving along quickly for you! I started this whole process back in August of last year and am finally having surgery on the 24th -- just a day before you. I'm am so excited I can hardly contain myself. I'm having the RNY. Good luck with your lap band. Linda
PamDnAz
on 7/3/07 5:55 am - Tucson, AZ
Good luck to you on your surgery. This is my Third date & hopefully the last on July 25(the other 2 May3--rescheduled coz of screw up on my tests & most recent was June 29th, canceled coz the auth. expired) I have been an almost basket case waiting for new date. I just hope the next 3 wks pass quickly for me, but it has given me an opportunity to get more stuff together for protein drinks after hospital & a good friend who had her surgery Jan 31 is down over 100lbs & been very helpful for me. If you know anyone personally who had surgery you can get good info. from them, & like our dr./wls people at hospital have a blue binder type book with very useful info for us. Pam
mtowngirl
on 7/3/07 12:03 pm - Indianapolis, IN
Looks like we all will be here for each other. Congrats to us ALL. Keep in touch.
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 650 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1416 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 975 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 829 views