Over 300 pounds? Are you exercising?

Jupiter6
on 7/3/07 1:48 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
I'm nuts, I know--- I have already lost 56 pounds pre-op, but that makes me 312--- and that is soooo close to 300---and my liquid diet is starting... I think I am going to shoot for it! I walk, do free weights, but mostly do a LOT of water exercise and aerobics. Think I can can get under 300 by myself? I have two weeks to lose 12 pounds, and have already been losing...
Jean M. B.
on 7/3/07 2:34 am - St. Cloud, MN
HI, Shari! Wow...great job on your pro-op efforts! 56 lbs! That's amazing. I've lost 23lbs and have 6 days to go on LD, so, I'm hoping to loose a total of 30. I say "Go for it". Whatever we loose now is just less to loose later!!! Plus, it may help the surgeon in his/her job! You are much more active than I am. I just walk the dog twice per day for about 10 min. I'm going to make the second walk, after work, last a little longer. You are doing GREAT! Good luck, Jean
B Girl
on 7/3/07 2:48 am
Hi Shari, First, congrats on your pre-op weight loss. I check the non-surgical board often, and you're always an inspiration. Secondly, of course you'll get under 300 on the liquid diet. If you've already cut out sugary drinks you should have no problem. I'm on a liquid diet right now. It's not the most fun I've ever had, but after two days I feel different. When is your surgery?
Jupiter6
on 7/3/07 3:00 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Bright and early Monday, July 16th. Really? I can lose an additional 12 pounds in 12 days? Even if I go eat a pot of chile con queso and chips RIGHT NOW? (Which I *am* actually doing, but will follow up with 500 calories of conditioning exercise) ;) And the goodbye burger tomorrow? ;) WHEE! (If it's possible, I am DOING it!) C'mon 299!
H A.
on 7/3/07 3:27 am - NOR CAL, CA
I know how you feel. I'm teetering at 299 right now. I've already lost 14 lbs. I would like to be 289 for surgery date. I'm doing liquid protein for breakfast and lunch. For dinner a small meal. Two days before surgery I go on clear liquids and have that wonderful bowl prep. I wouldn't want to do it for long term weight loss but it will shrink my liver. For exercise I'm doing the elliptical for 30 minutes or biking and swimming. Break a sweat everyday is a good motto. Heidi
Monica P.
on 7/3/07 3:37 am - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with
Hi Shari.. I'm at 312 also...I've been really pushing myself to walk more and I would LOVE to lose this 12 pounds before my surgery on 7/19. I'm just a big round numbers sort of person...I'd like to start at an even 300 as a post-op. However, the walking really takes a toll on my hip and my knees. I have to take motrins before and after my walks AND the next morning just to be functional. My surgeon's pre-op instructions are to stop taking these before surgery. I dont think I can handle the aches and pains with them. Your mention of the free weights and water excercising gives me inspiration though! I hope you lose the 12 pounds, I'm rooting for you. If you don't... you STILL have so much success to be proud of and you've established good behavior for your post-op recovery. good luck!
Linda_S
on 7/3/07 5:42 am - Eugene, OR
Wow! That would be awesome if you could do it. I'll bet your surgeon would be so impressed, as would the rest of us! You GO, Girl! Linda
Sharon Johnson
on 7/3/07 8:00 am - Marina, CA
Hi Shari-I started this journey back in November at 310 lbs. I am now at 260. This is the hardest that I have evr worked to loose weight before, but I only have 7 more days (Surgery on 7/10/). The way I did it was walking, more walking and yet more walking. I have also been watching my diet and drinking plenty of water, and also I am taking a exercise class 2 days a week. I have had people say that if you could loose 50 lbs by yourself why can't you loose the rest. Lest think on that, if it was actually that easy I would have done it already and I wouldn't be in so much pain from my foot (nerve surgery 2 years ago). I have been able to loose weight in the past but I have never been able to sustain the loose for a period of time. I just took a pain pill abut 30 minutes ago that is how bad the pain is. I wanted to get down to 255 before surgery but it looks like I will have to settle for 260. My daughter tells me that I push myself way to hard and I need to relax. I think that if I don't keep myself busy then I would be nervous and right now I would rather be busy then nervous.
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 650 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1416 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 975 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 829 views