Ready fo July 11th

(deactivated member)
on 7/2/07 5:26 am - San Juan Capistrano, CA
RNY on 07/11/07 with
Hi Everyone Just want to introduce myself. I've got everything ready for surgery, am currently on 6th day of self-imposed liquid diet. My surgeon does not require it, but after reading so much about it, it seems to make sense. Not fun, but I'm doing it. I started this process January 2nd, so it's been 6 months waiting. After finally getting a surgery date, I now believe, THIS WILL HAPPEN! I am so excited! I've been lugging this extra weight around with me for over 30 years...... it gets a little tiresome! I'm looking forward to getting a new start to life!
Linda_S
on 7/2/07 2:02 pm - Eugene, OR
Congratulations Jan! I'm not required to do the liquid diet either, but I think I'm going to do it for a few days before surgery. I certainly don't want to end up with the major constipation problems a lot of people have. Linda
(deactivated member)
on 7/2/07 2:05 pm - San Juan Capistrano, CA
RNY on 07/11/07 with
Hi Linda, I hadn't realized this had anything to do with prevention of constipation. Since I'm to take Milk of Mag the day prior to surgery, I should be cleaned out anyway. It's my understanding that this high-protein low-fat liquid diet is supposed to shrink the liver, making surgery easier. Don't know for sure. Good Luck to us both!
Linda_S
on 7/2/07 2:20 pm - Eugene, OR
Hi Jan - yes, it is primarily for losing weight, shrinking the liver, etc. My doc doesn't think the liquid diet is necessary, but I am on a 1200 calorie per day diet until surgery. However, many of the folks in my group have reported that with eating regular food (even though smaller amounts) up until surgery, and we have no bowel prep either, they have serious and horribly uncomfortable constipation afterwards! This is because the anesthesia and the pain meds will slow digestion down all the more. So, I'm going to at least be eating very lightly in the few days before surgery!! Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 650 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1416 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 975 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 829 views