I've messed up on the liquid diet almost everyday, I think I'll quit now.

LAGORDITA
on 7/2/07 9:44 am
I can't get this going, I am a total addict to food and it is messing me up badly. Six more days to surgery and I'm going crazy with guilt! I think I'll ask for the surgery to be moved.
turtleof3
on 7/2/07 9:49 am - Stillwater, OK
Dee Vega, listen girl don't sit around and beat yourself up. You won't be the only one that didn't do well on the lovely liquid diet. Me personally , it's been a pain in the ****. You will be fine and all will be well. No worries!!! I'm having surgery in 7 days and I plea the 5th on that topic.Kristin
LAGORDITA
on 7/2/07 10:03 am
Thanks Kristin! Is just that they stressed this darn diet so much that I am truly scared! But like you I am going to plea the 5th on Thursday when I go for pre-op testing.
alora282003
on 7/2/07 3:11 pm - berwyn, IL
girl, i titally couldnlt follow that pre-op diet, and i also know others who didn;t and we were all fine. and you will be too.
Jean M. B.
on 7/2/07 10:51 pm - St. Cloud, MN
Dee, Although my surgeon stressed the LD and requires a 14 day pre-op diet, he also told me to "do the best you can". Don't worry about it, don't beat yourself up, just...do the best you can!!! Please, don't reschedule your surgery (unless you have changed your mind for other reasons)! You CAN do this!! Take care, Jean
Laurie J.
on 7/3/07 1:34 am - St Croix Falls, WI
Don't stress about it - everything is going to be ok - and after your surgery, you won't want to eat! Just think how nice that will be - not having to worry about having food in your hand/mouth all the time!
Heather N.
on 7/3/07 9:40 am - APO, Germany
Hugs to you. My Doctor says that the liquid diet is optional. In his experience most patients struggle or fail so he makes it optional. I have done so so on mine. I think I have slipped each day, but mainly liquids. This is the best I can do, so that's what I'm doing.
mskissa123
on 7/4/07 1:27 pm - hemet, CA
ok I am justing finshing day one and it is h**L, I am trying so hard but I am hungry, I am hoping to make till the 17th but it is a long way away. My family went out for dinner and I stayed home because I did not want to watch them eat. I also told them they could not bring home left overs becasue they might wake me up in middle of the night (LOL) my mom is a total sleep eater and I might become one in thenext two weeks ( hope not)
Alisha S.
on 7/4/07 2:37 pm - MD
I am going through the same exact thing right now!!! I was supposed to start my liquid diet yesterday but that didn't happen! I tried today that didn't work either! My doctor told me that I could eat high protein foods and non-starchy veggies with the liquid diet. I wish you luck you will be fine don't change your date you'll just make it worse on yourself just do the best you can! My surgery is in 9 days so we are both in the same boat. Good luck girl you can do it! Keep in touch and let us know how it goes!!! Alisha
Knucklehead62
on 7/11/07 1:35 pm - Puyallup, WA
I put myself on a pre-op liquid diet so I could loose the required amount (i was told 46#)... So far I have lost 33# in 3 weeks... 27 the 1st week, then I cheated 1 day +4 the second week then solid on for the 3rd week and lost 9... it is a real ****ty way to lose it but it works... Men need 12 calories per pound of body weight to maintain their current weight, women on the other hand only need 11... so for me my starting weight was 446#X 12 calories per pound = 5352 of daily intake to maintain the weight of 446... I am hard pressed to choke down 1200 to 1400 calories of shakes a day...... that is the only way to lose, consume less than your body needs to maintain... (I wouild need to drink 26 + a day to maintain, no way in hell is that possible) 5 shakes a day = about 900 calories and I do double dose of protein just because I hate the **** I have a goal... I do not want to be fat the rest of my life... and if this is the way I have to live for a month or two or 3 just to reach that goal, well then By God that is what I am gonna do... Think about it, if you needed a Ben and Jerry's fix, or some Popeye's chicken, or some Pizza or whatever your junk food was... what would you do to go get it? now you are stuck in an O-B-E-S-E body, probably with other health issues like myself, Diabetic, Congestive Heart Failure... what are your ISSUES? the choice is yours... it is that simple... you can chose to do what it takes to get healthy or you could chose to give up... Plain and simple... I am choosing to get healthy... at whatever cost, I look at people now, eating their crappy choice foods in disgust now because I see what it has done to my life. look at what we do to our kids... a stinking happy meal with 6 nuggets a small fry and a small coke... Just in CARBS you have 1 for the nuggets, 2 for the fries and 1 for the coke... that is FOUR carbs for the one meal!!! That is enough carbs for a man on a 2500 calorie diet! and we do not even think twice to feed that **** to our kids... Ya know something, I pray that you pull your head out of the "Pitty Pot" for 5 minutes and take a good look in the mirror... you either want to lose weight, or you do not... if you cannot stick it out for a lousy 10 days, how on hells earth do you think you will make it for the rest of your life on a very strict diet? I hate this crap, but I look at my results and tell myself, I can choke one more down... because I know it works... you can choke it down because you want to be healthy, you can choke it down because you want to be alive and healthy enough to play with your future grandkids... you can choke one more down Damn-it! Now quit your whinein' and do what you need to do! Sorry for the rant, but after a heart attack at the ripe old age of 44, I think I can give up the fried chicken, chicken fried steak and the BBQ ribs by the rack and BEER by the gallon... it was fun getting to this point, but now it is time to get serious... I need to lose a ton of weight, I know I will more than likely I will lose my diabetes if I lose the weight and the heart problems... when you wake up in the morning, know that I am there like your worst nightmare telling you to just choke one more of those drinks down... because you and I both know you do not want to be where you are now... you know that you want to be healthier... so just do it. Peace! Tony
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 650 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1416 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 975 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 829 views