I feel like a whiner...but I am SOOO hungry...

Amy_in_MA
on 7/2/07 1:23 am - Danvers, MA
I thought I was past the hump with the hunger after day 5 of the all liquid diet. Apparently not. This morning, my hunger has kicked back in with a vengeance. I think maybe it's PMS too. Help me get through this...please! I've had the thoughts of "screw it! get a salad for lunch!" And I know I can't do that...
Jean M. B.
on 7/2/07 1:41 am - St. Cloud, MN
Amy, Amy, Amy! I know how you feel! I had such cravings this weekend, I could have cried!!! Today is the start of my 7th day on LD and so far so good. Not feeling crazy hungry! I've heard it gets better as time goes on...hang in there! WE CAN DO THIS!!!! I KNOW IT!!! Take care, Jean
Amy_in_MA
on 7/2/07 1:44 am - Danvers, MA
Thanks Jean! PMS has always been a difficult time with food for me...but I walk around my workplace and I am smelling Oreos, toast, there are Rice Krispy treats in the kitchen, as well as cake...sugar-free jell-o just isn't cutting it, you know? I know we can do this...we can! I'm on day 8...surgery is next Monday.
Jean M. B.
on 7/2/07 2:02 am - St. Cloud, MN
I'm right after you, on Tuesday. I know what you mean about those popsicles... I'm going to try some ckn broth at lunch today. Something new to look forward to...Oh the small pleasures................
Amy_in_MA
on 7/2/07 2:05 am - Danvers, MA
I have found chicken bouillon to be heavenly. It's the only non-sweet thing I've had. I can't stand tomato soup, so I haven't had that. I like sweets...but when everything you have is a sweet shake, well, I just want a chicken kabob salad! LOL.
Linda_S
on 7/2/07 1:47 am - Eugene, OR
Hang in there Amy. I really can't imagine going through this. Have you tried lots and lots of water? Yes, I know you probably have. Hang in there! We're here cheering you on! Linda
Amy_in_MA
on 7/2/07 1:49 am - Danvers, MA
Thanks Linda!
Jupiter6
on 7/2/07 1:51 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Two little words: Sugarless Gum.
Amy_in_MA
on 7/2/07 1:53 am - Danvers, MA
I've always been a gum chewer...since I quit smoking 10 years ago. Extra Sugarless Peppermint. LOL.
Betsy B.
on 7/2/07 4:26 am - MN
Right there with you!! Day 8, and boy am I excited! water, water, water. Oh...PMS is just kickin my butt! then on top of it all, some jerk I work with had to go and bring in treats for their birthday (lol) Yeah, I have managed to stay calm, but I really wanted to toss the meat and cheese tray, along with all the crackers, and the damned cake right in the trash!! ok, all kidding aside, I am so excited for 7/10 I can handle it, I proved it to myself today!! I found it was tougher at home than at work. Good luck to you Amy, it does get a little easier. Betsy
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 650 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1416 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 975 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 829 views