Whose first in line?

DetroitGirl
on 6/30/07 2:46 pm
So it's officially (in my time zone at least) July. I know we have some folks on the board who are going in for surgery on the 5th. Anyone in before that?
ericazc
on 6/30/07 3:06 pm - Bakersfield, CA
ooh ooh ooh!!! Me me me!!!! I'm having surgery on July 3rd! Right now I don't know whether to feel excited or scared because I'm a little bit of both. Mostly I'm just ready to be done with this horrible pre-op diet! LOL
DetroitGirl
on 6/30/07 3:09 pm
hurrrrrrrraaaaaaah erica! warm up that 'losers' bench for us... feeling scared is natural, but you've got so much to look forward to! hope you sail through surgery with ease...
Monica P.
on 6/30/07 5:40 pm - Long Beach, CA
RNY on 07/19/07 with
three cheers for Erica!! hip hip hooray hip hip hooray HIP HIP HOORAY!!!
stacieblue
on 7/1/07 4:07 am - Fletcher, NC
Yay! I'm so excited for you I am on the 5th at 930 est. I too am on a horrible pre op diet.... liquids for 10 days all clear but..... ooh ooh...... I know, the suspense is killing you, .... I can have slimfast low carb. I am sooooooo hungry! I drink all day and have my slimfasts and broth etc.... just actually hungry... not head hunger.... big tummy growls. I scared my dog last night. ( she was asleep on my tummy and woke up startled at the sounds of my empty tummy). I think that even as bad as the pre op diet is, it must be the worst part and has a good effect. I mean, I am going to be so grateful to have a creamed soup! By the time I can have real food again I am going to be sooooo happy to just have a piece of plain chicken!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus the carbs will be out of our systems too. Still it totally blows!!!!!!! Anyway, best of luck!!!!! Stacie
DebS
on 6/30/07 9:49 pm - Burnsville, MN
I might be first in line. Mine is tomorrow the 2nd at 9 am cdt. Good luck to all the July surgeries. Deb S
Jean M. B.
on 7/1/07 9:31 am - St. Cloud, MN
Hi, Debra! Good luck tomorrow!! I will say a prayer for you and your surgon! I t's is so exciting and sometimes, scarey, but I know it will be worth it!!! Take care, Jean
MsGriff07
on 6/30/07 9:51 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Me Me Me I'm the 3rd too!!!!!
Dreamskape
on 7/1/07 12:00 am - Elkhart, IN
My date is July 2 @12.30pm. So many emotions.. I'm excited of course.... but now I'm getting nervous (keep asking myself if I am doing the right thing?) ..... and yesterday I was depressed (no more eating the things I love like bread, pasta, potatoes)... I know I need to do this... I know I want to do this.... but I also know things will drastically change and unlike a diet, once this is done, it can never be undone.. Soooo.. that is where I'm at. I wish everyone the best of luck this month....
Jean M. B.
on 7/1/07 9:35 am - St. Cloud, MN
Hi, Jackie! Just wanted to say good luck and that I will say a prayer for you and your surgeon tonight! I know it's scarey and it's normal to question our decision but those are just nerves. This is not a snap decision..We made it knowing that it is the right thing to do so we can live a long and healthy life (lookin' good, too!). Take care, Jean
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 650 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1417 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 976 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 829 views