july 16 surgery need help with liquid diet HELP HELP

galsinger
on 6/29/07 4:21 am
iam starting 2 week liguid diet and need to shop,i quess it is getting real to me and i dont know where is start,also need help with high protein liquid after surgery.dr provost, dallas,zale
sallyone
on 6/30/07 3:26 am - DIberville, MS
Does your surgeon have a nutritionist on staff, usually they do and will have their own plan for you as to what protein supplements, vitamins and what they want for your liquid diet. My surgeon has me do a liquid diet for 10 days prior to surgery. and they would love for you to find a protein shake that you like to get extra protein.
Amy_in_MA
on 7/1/07 9:09 pm - Danvers, MA
I'm starting week 2 of my all liquid diet. Surgery is next Monday, July 9th. Did your surgeon's office give you a list of acceptable food items/guidelines? Mine did. Basically consists of 3 shakes a day, made with Hood Simply Smart Milk and either Carnation Instant Breakfast or Kashi Go-Lean Soy Whey Protein Powder. Plus sugar-free jello, broth, Crystal Light, herbal (no caffeine) teas, one serving (no more) of sugar-free fat-free pudding OR yogurt (not both). All the water you can drink...no gulping. Learn to sip. No carbonated or caffeinated beverages. Same diet post-op until surgeon says otherwise.
Jennifer P.
on 7/1/07 11:53 pm - Monroe, NC
Hi.. I am having surgery July 16th as well. I started my liquid diet today. :D I have a list of things my doctor allows. I will be happy to share it with you. Right off the top of my head I can remember: Crystal Light Unsweet, Decaf Tea Decaf Coffee Water Diet Arizona Tea Cream Soups (low fat, like cream of mushroom, chicken, broccoli, etc.. not potato) Tomato Soup V-8 (not V-8 splash) SF Popscicles SF Fudge Pops Low Fat Yogurt Protien Shakes (100% Whey Protien in Skim Milk) If I get really hungry I can have two tablespoons of Natural Peanut Butter per day. I can also have cucumbers, tomatoes, green peppers, lettuce and broccoli raw if I need to chew. Hope this helps! Good luck!
Amy_in_MA
on 7/2/07 1:04 am - Danvers, MA
Other than tomato soup and bouillon, mine doesn't allow soups. We get nothing really to chew...and we can have sugar-free popsicles but not the fudge pops.
Jennifer P.
on 7/2/07 5:04 am - Monroe, NC
I forgot about broth.. we can have broth too. And no fudge pops? Bummer.
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 650 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1417 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 975 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 829 views