Liquid Diet Blues

grumperini
on 6/27/07 1:54 am - Gilbert, AZ
I tried to start early and kept messing up too. I think it's because I knew I had "wiggle room." But when my drop dead date arrived I knew that had to stop and that cheating wasn't an option. Maybe you should just go easy on yourself and do the liquids for two meals and enjoy one meal a day until your drop dead day. Just a suggestion because I don't know your situation, but don't beat yourself up. That will only add to the stress! renee
Linda_S
on 6/26/07 1:48 pm - Eugene, OR
I had all my pre-op testing and met with my surgeon yesterday. No liquid diet pre-op for me. And no bowel prep or anything like that. He said I might want to eat lightly the day before, and nothing after say 8:00 p.m. the night before surgery. I feel so lucky! I think I would have a really hard time staying on liquids before surgery and I really feel for you gals. Linda
grumperini
on 6/27/07 1:52 am - Gilbert, AZ
Hi Linda - I'm thinking we have to be on the liquid diet because we're doing the lap-band which is done laproscopely (I cannot spell that word!). What is RNY? Is that the bypass? When is your surgery? I love that there are so many of us on here to help each other out!
Jupiter6
on 6/28/07 3:51 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
Nope, it's down to individual surgeon's preference. I am having a laparoscopic RNY (bypass)July 16th, and have to do two weeks of liquids before, and another two weeks after.
sprout
on 6/28/07 9:19 am - kingston, Canada
Hi Renee Tomorrow is the day you leave! Good luck! I will be thinking of you and all the others who are having their surgeries along with us on Tuesday.Enjoy the time with your parents! Hope to hear from you soon! Keep me posted with your progress and I will as well. sheri
sprout
on 7/6/07 11:20 pm - kingston, Canada
Hi Renee I hope everything went well for you and you are now on your way to a new life. I had my surgery on Tuesday. Everything went fine, and as expected I am sore and a bit uncomforatable. I have been walking for at least 30 minutes a day but I put my back out so anything other than that is quite a struggle. I haven't been eating much as you know we can't have anything but liquid, but last night I had some strained mushroom soup (1/2 cup) and boy did it taste wonderful, I told my husband it was the best meal I have had in years! Have you been able to eat anything yet? I am also continuing with the liquid diet, I have 1/3 of one in the morning and sometimes at night, I also made some sugar free jello yesterday so I may eat some of that today. I don't find I am hungry are you? Are you experiencing the tightness in your chest? I told the doctor I think he put the band around my lung, he did say it was normal and its not to bad, I know it is all worth it. Please let me know how things went for you, mine was really quite smooth and I know I will be so happy with the results. Hope everything is well and you are enjoying your time with your parents. Sheri
Most Active
Recent Topics
FREEZING COLD
kateyeburger · 0 replies · 650 views
Liver Shrinking Diet - GO BACK??
4Synergy · 0 replies · 1417 views
July 23rd - Surgi-versary
4Synergy · 0 replies · 976 views
3.5 years out!
Rianne D. · 0 replies · 829 views