Trying to get back into the groove of things

kobear91
on 5/8/06 6:29 am - apo 96551, NY
Lately I have been a little depressed about the way the weight is coming off. Im not gaining which is great but Im not losing either. We moved to australia about 4 months ago and ever since then it has been hard to stay on target with things. You never realize how much a support group means to you until they are not there. Just trying to get motiviatated and back in to getting all my protenin in. I still have about 70lbs to go until I reach my goal of 140lbs seems hard to believe when I started at 348. I just keep thinking that I should be there by know. Thanks for letting me rant. Kathy Peterson
(deactivated member)
on 5/8/06 8:09 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Don't beat yourself up. You're definitely not the only one who is nowhere near goal. I have a goal of 150...and on a GOOD day, that's still 69 lbs away. It sucks. I, too, have a hard time staying on track. Generally, I do just fine Sunday thru Friday lunch...but Friday dinner and all day Saturday are bad times for me. That tiny little day and a half tends to undo all the hard work I put in during the week. Because my local support group is 30 minutes away (at the very least), I joined Weigh****chers last week to see if that would help. I would REALLY like to see 200 lbs by my two-year anniversary, but it doesn't seem very realistic. All I can do is keep trying every day. You aren't alone, and you're not a failure. Look at all the positive things that your weight loss has done for your life. Two years ago, I would have given my right arm to get down to 219 (where I am now), and I'm sure you felt the same way. So in some ways, you've already won the battle. Your life is improved, and that is a wonderful thing. Hang in there...with time, it will all work out. Pamela 352/219 sometimes/150
kobear91
on 5/8/06 9:30 am - apo 96551, NY
Thanks for your support and you gave me alot to think about. Your 100 percent right Im way better off then what I was a yr ago and especially two yrs ago. That is my goal also to reach 200lbs before my annisvary on the 24th of July. It means getting these 10lbs off. Thanks again for your support its very appreciated. Kathy Peterson Down Under 348/210/140
jewelcrown
on 5/8/06 10:23 pm
Hi Kathy! You are definitely not alone!!! Yes, I wish I were closer to goal and if I had done things differently earlier in the journey, I'm convinced I would be. I can't dwell on that now, I've got to dwell on forward progress. I started at 326 and my lowest was 218. I stand today at 227 and still working at it. It is an everyday task, I truly believe as long as I keep trying I will get there. My doctor knows me well. I remember him saying before surgery that after the honeymoon phase, WLS patients can still lose weight through diet and exercise like anyone else. It was almost as if he knew I was going to need more than the 2 year period to get to goal. It must have been written across my forehead! Anyway, you've got support here. Hang in there and check in from time to time and let's support each other as we make our way to goal. Does not matter how fast or slow, just as long as we get there! Have a great day!!! Denise P.S. -- Congratulations on your current success. I think sometimes we are so set on getting to a goal that we forget to celebrate where we are today. I am so comfortable now in my skin. Two years ago, I would always try to move in a manner that would bring the least attention to myself. Now, I walk in the room with self-confidence knowing that I'm not being stared at for being the largest person in the room; knowing that I can fit in the chair; knowing that I can breathe and I can shop in regular stores!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views