More to Lose......Friday, April 28

IrishIze
on 4/27/06 11:24 pm - NJ
Hi everyone - I hate for this thread to end, even though there hasn't been a lot of activity lately, so I'm going to continue it today even though I'm not logging my food at this time. It has been so helpful to me. On Monday I am going to recommit. My sciatica is better, so I am going back to exercising and I am going back to my basics of high protein, low carb. I've been having some personal stuff going on - my mother is suffering from dementia and my poor dad is struggling to cope with her. I'm trying to be as supportive as possible, but I'm also a single mom with two sons (20 and 18) who give me a run for my money. They are not bad kids, but they are doing what a lot of kids are doing these days; drinking, partying, etc. and of course, that's very worrying. I remember being a young adult and doing the same thing, so I just pray that they turn out ok. I'm also having financial problems, so sometimes it seems like all I do is worry. The old standby of using food as comfort is always there. I have to really fight against it. I've been doing OK, but I haven't been 100%. I haven't weighed myself in the past week, but my clothes don't feel any tighter. I just know I feel better about things when I eat sensibly and exercise ~ at least that's something I CAN control. Well, enough of my rambling. I'm going to make sure this train continues, even if I'm the only passenger for awhile! I know there have been others that have continued it when I've been absent, so let's not let this end!! Love ya all!! Hugs, Nancy
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views