Contest Update

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/06 9:53 pm - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
Okay, it's more of an update, has nothing to do with the contest. That, pretty much, isn't happening. We were off from school for 10 days over Easter break. I didn't exercise and certainly didn't eat well. Some of it was pure boredom, of course, some of it was the fact that we had ZERO money (a sliding glass door we had installed cost more to put in than we were expecting) and the only groceries we had to eat was the unhealthy kind (regular bread, peanut butter, etc...still not JUNK food). Plus, just before break, I was talking to a 7th grade teacher, and she had already lost 10 lbs from her 189 lb body...so that's a higher % than my tiny 3 lbs so far. And I WAS 219...today it's 223. This week, I've been trying to do better. I did great on Monday and Wednesday, not very well on Tuesday (could have been worse, though!). I exercised Monday, but not the last two days (too busy). I will definitely get out there today. Tomorrow night, we're going camping. We'll be home on Sunday. I've PLANNED a menu, but sticking to it might be harder. We're going with a big group of people, and everyone tends to snack all day. I bought myself some beef jerky and granola bars hoping to stay away from things like chex mix, cheeze-its, and oatmeal pies rounds. I EXPECT to do a lot of walking and bike riding, so that will both keep my hands out of the chex mix bag AND burn additional calories. I'm SOOO hoping to be healthy all weekend...except for that planned hot dog at dinner. Gotta have a dog, and no, the fat free ones don't cook well over a fire...tried that last summer. You know, I really need to stop saying things like PLANNED and EXPECT...I should just say I WILL. Those words leave too much room for failure, like I'm not ready to take on full responsibility for my habits. And maybe I'm not. I think for the month of May, I'm going to give Weigh****chers another go-around...try out their core plan, which I think follows the bariatric diet better than points. Maybe a weight loss support group would help. Can't afford the bariatric one...it would cost $10 in gas just to get there and back! Okay, done rambling. Have a great weekend! Pamela -133...sometimes
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views