Roll call... Monday weigh in....

jewelcrown
on 4/23/06 10:35 pm
Hello July Babies: I've missed Spyder's weekly weigh in post and thought I'd revive it. Whether you are: - At goal and maintaining comfortably - Struggling to maintain; - Happily gaining; or - Losing more... A weekly weigh may be beneficial to all! So... let's celebrate our successes and offer encouragement to the JULY BABIES wherever they may be on this LIFELONG journey. The journey never ends, we must be vigilant and this might be a way to make it easier. So where am I? As if you didn't know: Today's Weight: 220 Starting Weight: 326 Goal Weight: 170 Category: "Losing more" CELEBRATION (OR OPPPORTUNITY TO IMPROVE) FOR THE WEEK: I'm maintaining. Although the clothes are getting looser as is my skin!!! (ultimate goal to lose, thrilled at maintaining as opposed to gaining this week!) [NOTE: Your celebration/opportunity does not have to be weight related!] Thanks for your support and encouragement. Your turn.... Denise
Mary M.
on 4/23/06 11:47 pm - Neverland, CA
Today's Weight: 163 Starting Weight: 415 Goal Weight: 147 Category: "Losing more Inches" CELEBRATION (OR OPPPORTUNITY TO IMPROVE) FOR THE WEEK: Even though the scale is not moving my clothes sizes are...just bought my first pair of size 8 jeans this weekend and I am down to a size 5 in underwear....yahoo!!! Mary
jewelcrown
on 4/24/06 1:35 am
Size 5 underwear!!! WOW!!! You are definitely getting your bottom "off the floor"!!! Have a great day, Mary!!! Denise
afcmtvrd
on 4/24/06 1:46 am - Circle Pines, MN
I am struggling to maintain. As you said, this is a lifelong journey. I am also having some issues with finding a new goal to focus on now that I am at goal, and the scale hasn't moved in 5-6 mo. I liked the positive reinforcement it gave me to see those numbers go down, down, down. Now I need to find a new positive reinforcement. It's hard a hard battle for me at times to be happy where I am. Must accept the fact that they did "rgery on my stomach, not my head" as they all say!! Have a great day all, and Don't worry, be happy!!
jewelcrown
on 4/24/06 4:59 am
Hey Cindy! Congrats on your success.... You may want to focus your goal on staying the same.... There are many on older post ops that have complained about a 10-20 lb bounce right around the 2 year mark. So.... take it as positive reinforcement that your numbers are still the same!!! Denise
afcmtvrd
on 4/24/06 5:06 am - Circle Pines, MN
I didn't know about the bounce back theory. I too had gained about 10 pounds the last 6 weeks, but got them off, now I am really fighting to maintain. But....I guess I have the rest of my life to maintain so I better find some positive focus right????
jewelcrown
on 4/24/06 5:30 am
Absolutely!!! How much have you lost? I'm still trying to make goal. I'm 50 lbs away. It's an uphill battle, but I'll get there. Like you, I miss the faster weight loss we witnessed at the beginning of this journey, although I must admit I've already been rather a slow loser!!! Keep you the good work... Denise
Mark W.
on 4/18/06 2:44 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Me too. I've been on pills pre-op, during hosp stay, and post-op ... never without them. I haven't had trouble swallowing one yet.
John Reasor
on 4/18/06 10:18 am - Fayetteville, NC
Yes watch the Carb count some of them are to high but 4 or 5 are just right with every high protien count. The south beach meals are ok to but way to big, you will trash over half of the meal on most south beach meals, they are family size for us. John
perryla
on 4/18/06 10:01 pm - Gastonia, NC
Hey Michael I haven't personally eaten these, but I do eat the Michelina's Budget Gourmet meals. They are like $.99 at Walmart and are just the right size. With all frozen dinners you are going to get the high sodium count. Just be sure to get in the liquids and you'll be fine. Larry
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views