Anyone relate to this?? Helpful Hints??

afcmtvrd
on 4/24/06 1:42 am - Circle Pines, MN
I am having lots of problems with gas, and extreme bloating to the extent that my stomach, (belly area) is enlarged with anything I eat or drink. I have to take OTC antacids or gasX type chews to relieve some of the pain. This is new to me in the last month or so. I have added only a couple of new foods/drinks to my diet. One is caffine. Anyone know if that may be causing my problem? However even if I drink water, or eat my lunch I get terrible gas and great bloating to where my pants are tight and uncomfortable. Got any helpful hints/ideas for me?? All are welcomed at this point. I have contacted my DR. but he cannot see me for a few weeks as he is booked solid right now. Thanks in advance for your help!!
on my W.
on 4/24/06 11:31 am - Canada
Hi Cindy, Well I am one step ahead of you but have all your symptoms. I have had a visit with the doctor and an upper GI series but STILL waiting on the results which promise to be back this week. I can bloat so much that I have to LITERALLY unfasten my pants and even had to take my bra off at work...thank God for sweaters!!! Gas and everything....I was told that caffine is a bad one but it is the only thing I can't give up. I need at least one or ususally two cups of coffee a day. I will let you know my outcome but keep waiting on the appointment. The symptoms are new and quite bothersome...Take care Karen
afcmtvrd
on 4/24/06 11:03 pm - Circle Pines, MN
Thanks so much for your reply. I will be anxiously waiting news from you. I hope to find a remedy soon. Good luck to you.
jenthomas
on 4/25/06 7:56 am - Horizon City, TX
Hi Cindy! I had the mjavascript:setMainIcon('smile',15,15)ost awful gas- so bad in fact, my husband asked my surgeon about it. I take Devrom- available online without a prescription at devrom.com. It will help with amount and odor of intestinal gas. The way it was explained to me was that any time the intestines are opened bacteria finds a way in. This bacteria produces the gasses. People who have had colostomies can suffer like us. The Devrom helps with the gas and odor- but the bloating sounds like a bigger problem. I hope this is helpful. Good Luck! Jeniffer
IrishIze
on 4/25/06 9:54 pm - NJ
I have had the same problem, and it really seems to have increased lately. Same thing here, even a glass of water can make me bloat/gassy. It's always worse when I've had any kind of sugar or sugar alcohols ~ even too much Splenda will get me going. I may not dump on sugar in the traditional sense, but I suffer another kind of pain which helps keep me away from it. I don't think it's the caffeine - I've been drinking one cup of coffee in the morning for a little over a year, and I haven't had the problem until recently. If anyone has the definitive answer, I'd love to hear it! Hugs, Nancy
vidman522
on 4/18/06 12:13 pm - Washington, DC
Love Netflixs. I just discovered it this year. I am revisiting 24 seasons 1-4. I have also discovered Dennis Leary - there is a huge comedy collection. Now VIP with Pamela & her Andersons...queued!! Can't beat the price. I take forever sending them back. This week Jarhead and King Kong w/ Comedy Central's roasting Pamela Anderson on it's way back. Enjoy it Rob DC PS before my nip and tuck I bought 25 used DVD's to watch during my down time...almost 2 years later they are still sitting here LOL. I watched THE FOOD NETWORK 24 /7. I can't explain that..Rachel Ray, Bobby Flay, Emerald..was it punishment? I considered it fantasizing ...LOL
Mark W.
on 4/18/06 2:34 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Addicted - YES! I have been a mamber since '02 or so ... and now have joined Blockbuster Online as well. I have three out atta time memberships at both. I am going through a Sci-Fi phase re-watching some series. Case in point "SPACE 1999" - 16 discs, baby! Also: Farscape. I am about through with season 4 of "Six Feet Under" - soon to begin the season 5 journey. I use Blockbuster for the tv shows and keep movies flowing from the Netflix account. I especially like that I can gain easy access to the unrated and/or director's cuts of films that are only available in the watered down version locally.
DC
on 4/18/06 4:11 pm - Orange, MA
Deadwood Coupling Significant others DC
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits