Lower Abdomen sore - IBS maybe??

IrishIze
on 4/13/06 11:45 pm - NJ
I have had discomfort in my abdomen since Monday. I thought it was because I ate a big salad with raw carrots and cucumbers, but it's still going on. Then I thought maybe I was constipated (even though it didn't seem like it), so I drank some Smooth Move tea last night. I 'emptied out' this morning , but I still have the discomfort. I'm going to my general practitioner at 10:15 AM tomorrow, and hopefully it's nothing serious. (My bariatric doc has left my insurance group, so that's a bummer for me.) Has anyone ever had this kind of thing? I remember about five years ago having something similar and it being diagnosed as IBS, but I really haven't had the problem since until now. Suggestions? Hugs, Nancy
Irene S.
on 4/14/06 12:38 am - NJ
I've had abdominal discomfort and soreness. Not sure if I've had it as long. If you'd had IBS diagnosed in the past, it could very well be that, or diverticulosis, which many women have. I've also had it from ovulation. Took a little while to figure out *that* one. Of course, I'm not a doctor or even a nurse, so you're doing the right thing by mentioning it to your doctor. I'd also like to put your mind at ease just in case - i'm sure it's NOT related to surgery like we've seen ppl with internal hernias and kinked bowels and such. That causes *intense*, severe abdominal pain. Let me know what the doctor says! Irene
jewelcrown
on 4/14/06 12:55 am
Hi Nancy! 5 days is a long time for discomfort. Hopefully your PCP will be able to nail down the problem and get you some quick relief. Please keep us posted. Hope you're feeling better soon... Take it easy... Denise
jcordell
on 4/16/06 3:44 am - TX
Hi Nancy, Hope it's nothing too serious...please keep us posted. Feel better soon! All the love, Jeff
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views