Contest Update

(deactivated member)
on 4/12/06 6:17 am - 'Burbs of St. Louis, MO
I kinda sorta lost track of the days. So I'll just post updates. Irene, everything is just fine...just got really busy. Thanks for asking! Okay, so I had a HIDEOUS Saturday as far as food and exercise goes. Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday were just fine. I even exercised those three days. I must admit that I've been slipping some chocolate into my diet (darned Easter junk!), but I'm still coming in under 1500 calories (which is my current goal). Although I'm not quite sure what's for dinner today (Wednesday), I'm thinking that I'll still do okay. I didn't get any formal exercise today, but I took the kids at school down the the gym (it was empty, and we only had 5 kids), where I played basketball and soccer with them. Boy, they never expected that a teacher would play with them! I spent about 30 minutes sweating in the gym, and two of my boys also helped me walk around the outside of school collecting trash (to kill time). My home scale still says 220. Last night, my wedding ring and diamond ring fell off in the grass when I was doing yard work. Thankfully, I found it! I decided it was time to get them resized (again). I got a 7, but I might have been able to get away with a 6 1/2. When I first got married, they were both a size 10! Today was an IEP meeting (students in special ed require meetings with their parents and teachers so that everyone is on the same page with educational goals) with one of our boys. I do not take part in the meetings, but his mother wanted to meet me anyway. She came to the class that I was in and I talked with her. At first I figured I was going to be hollered at, but the boy's mom said "I had to meet you, Ryan talks about you all the time." She went on to tell me that he was so excited about the Cardinals magazine I gave him (from the newspaper) and that he likes sitting with me. THEN, when I talked with the teacher I work with, she said "Ryan just LOVES you," in the smarmy way that people do when they get jealous. It was SOOOO cool that one of my kids actually likes me! Anyway, this is my update. Things are going fine, and I guess I'll have an official weigh-in tomorrow (since we're off on Friday). I'd better stay away from salt if I want the scale to show a negative! Have a great day, weekend, holiday...whatever is coming up before I get back online! Pamela doing good!
Irene S.
on 4/12/06 11:56 pm - NJ
Hi Pamela, Glad that things are going well! It's so important to live life beyond the scale, wouldn't you agree? I remember several teachers that I LOVED and still think often of them to this day. I'm sure Ryan will remember you forever too. Sometimes the weight loss is seen EVERYWHERE except the scale. If your rings are falling off, it's a good bet you're going in the right direction. So I'll keep my fingers crossed for you re: the weigh in. Let us know how it goes! If you don't get online before then - have a wonderful holiday! Irene
Most Active
Recent Topics
STILL Fighting
MrsJuly · 3 replies · 1113 views
Feeling great after 10 years
missang · 1 replies · 1035 views
HELLO, Hello, hello
JustHat · 3 replies · 1112 views
Old Habits
JustHat · 0 replies · 1179 views